DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    want to find the original builder of this Camaro
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

want to find the original builder of this Camaro
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
This Camaro was built around 2006 - 2008 in the Dallas Tx area. If you recognize it and know of the builder please contact me.

It belongs to me now and is my next project. The work done is excellent and I want to know who did it.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1828 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Camaro builder?

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1828 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 23taltered
posted Hide Post
That thing definitely needs a www.GZmotorsports.com vacuum pump

Bill Huntington
GZMOTORSPORTS.com

gzmotorsports.com/video/PRI2010.wmv

Posts: 163 | Location: Northern Cal | Registered: January 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Bill, you are correct and it will Smile

Larry Woodfin

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Dave Koehler
posted Hide Post
Not sure the builder was all that great.
Seems like he must not have received the last payment.

Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection - http://www.koehlerinjection.com
Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Nitrous Master Software - Balancing
99% of fuel injection problems are electric.

Posts: 351 | Location: Urbana, IL 61802 | Registered: December 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Dave, I made the last payment and brought it homeSmile

It was built with all Ed Quay, super stocker style parts. The work, fitment, welding, detail are all excellent. To my knowledge, it was built by an individual in his home shop. It is a very nice, rust free car and will make an excellent race package. I bought it from the second owner who never did anything with it and lost all the original information. It has been in storage for several years.

It does not matter who did the build to this point, it is simply something I would like to know. I will complete it in fine style.

Larry Woodfin

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
The Goodyears have white letters proves its been sitting around a long time.

Posts: 2410 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Steve, the front tires show to be 12 years old and the true Firestone slicks mounted for construction tires are, well, very old. They hold air about 4 hours Smile

You will notice the rearward mounted caster wheels. I added the second set near the front and sent it to the body shop completely stripped down to the last screw.

In primer at the body shop.

Larry Woodfin

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Larry lookin real good. What's your plan on the combo you will be installing. Always great fun watching your builds.

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of rs72z
posted Hide Post
Ls?

Posts: 206 | Location: texas | Registered: November 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I am old so it seems reasonable that I continue with my olden experience. I plan to build a 408 - 413 CI range SBC with 23 degree 60/40 valve offset. The build will make around 725 horse and run 5.85 1/8 on methanol. My wheels are turning [so to speak] about the engine combination.

As the build begins I will post updates.

Larry Woodfin

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Dave Koehler
posted Hide Post
just teasing about the missing pieces. Smile

Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection - http://www.koehlerinjection.com
Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Nitrous Master Software - Balancing
99% of fuel injection problems are electric.

Posts: 351 | Location: Urbana, IL 61802 | Registered: December 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Woodfin:
I plan to build a 408 - 413 CI range SBC with 23 degree 60/40 valve offset. The build will make around 725 horse and run 5.85 1/8 on methanol.

Perhaps another MFI engine? Never heard the final results of the truck MFI that you completed earlier this year.

Posts: 2447 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
MarkeMark,

The Super 10 owner had me remove the mechanical injection and install a Get'M Garage twin blade carb. For that owner, in that situation, it suited him better. It is faster and more drivable with the twin blade but in fairness to the mechanical injection, I did not have enough time with it to sort it out. He sold the system after I removed.

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^ I understand completely and Thank You for the update.

Mark

Posts: 2447 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post