DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Trans brake roll
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trans brake roll
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
What rules are you reading from? And what class?
What you posted would make a delay box illegal.
Are the rules you posted for no box only?
Adjustable buttons are illegal now?

I don't know what class the op is running.

I know I have broken one,two or three of those rules for pro tree no box index racing according to what you posted. Every delay box racer is breaking the rules as well.

Was it an advantage according to your rules? Maybe, but no one checks anything at tech except seat belts and maybe a helmet.

I think your rules are bogus.

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
There are probably only a handful of cars that will 100% pass that rule. Anyone who uses a relay board is out, along with anyone has a no box button in addition to a delay box. They need to completely rework the way the rules are written on some of this stuff.

Posts: 89 | Location: Inverness, Fl | Registered: November 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M120:
I think your rules are bogus.

They're NHRA rules, not his rules. I will try to provide some clarification.

It's located in NHRA's General Regulations of their current rulebook; Section 8:2 Delay Boxes/Devices. It further breaks it down in the different paragraphs.

Now, you can get to reading & figure out if the rules are bogus or not. Wink

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2541 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
M120, I took that off Classracer thread and off the NHRA general rules. They aren’t my rules. I also stated what you are doing off the box is possibly or could be legal? I have no idea.

In general regulations section 20 page 32(page like 299 overall) it states this.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4491 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BP758:
M120, I took that off Classracer thread and off the NHRA general rules. They aren’t my rules. I also stated what you are doing off the box is possibly or could be legal? I have no idea.

In general regulations section 20 page 32(page like 299 overall) it states this.

That is in classes that prohibit a delay box, read the fine print, folks.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1645 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
For the OP, try a slightly lower staging RPM.

When the trans brake engages it relieves the torque applied to the rear axles, and the car will "settle" to static position.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1645 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
General regulations don’t apply to all?

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4491 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
quote:
Originally posted by T172JR:
I do not want to wire my line loc to my trans brake.

no need to.

I'm a fairly careful stager and I fought a two season stint of "LB3A's" Went away after ditching the linelock. The two step would shake my car in and out of the beams because I staged so shallow. Now I set the brake and the car always relaxes forward.

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SpeierRacingHeads
posted Hide Post
This Super Stock car had the line lock wired to the trans brake. Really didn't know what to think, or just leave it.

Posts: 1405 | Location: Hays Kansas | Registered: January 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpeierRacingHeads:
This Super Stock car had the line lock wired to the trans brake. Really didn't know what to think, or just leave it.

NHRA uses Stage Lock and no need for LL to be wired to the TB imho. As for being Legal, contact your Div tech director for the answer.

Posts: 2456 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Here’s an excellent explanation on FB about Stage Lock that was presented by Peter Biondo at the Summer Fling.

https://www.facebook.com/RaceT...deos/647501893273235

Posts: 2456 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post