DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Adventures in datalogging update
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Adventures in datalogging update
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of banjo
posted
Hello All,

I added that amp sensor and a trans cooler pressure sensor to my setup.

Yellow is voltage, Dark purple is the trans cooler pressure, blue is trans pressure, Light pink is the amps, light blue is engine rpms, and dark blue is driveshaft rpm.

At 1.41, I engage the transbrake

1.44, hit the rev limitor

1.46, transbrake releases

The amp sensor is on the alternator wire. I find it interesting that it stays relatively flat drawing 30 amps. This seems a bit high. I expected it to vary somewhat with RPMs. I may have to try moving it to the main power cable.

The cooler sensor is interesting to me, never realized there was that much pressure. Hopefully I can learn something from it. My understanding is it directly relates with the converter charge pressure. So I can see how it can impact how the converter performs.

Let me hear your thoughts.

Link if the pic doesn't show up

log

Bill Simpkins
74 Nova
SBC 406
3240 pounds
Speierracing heads

60 1.27 (10/16)
1/8 6.03@111 (10/16)
Best 9.87@131 on the rev limitor 1 Feb 2013

nova

quarterpanelview

wheelie

FTI Converter
www.speierracingheads.com

Posts: 1830 | Location: San Angelo | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post