DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    STL 3 DRAGSTER ROUND WHEEL TRANS BRAKE SWITCH
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

STL 3 DRAGSTER ROUND WHEEL TRANS BRAKE SWITCH
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted
ANYONE HAVE EXPERIENCE USING THIS ? THINKING ABOUT TRYIING ONE INSTEADS OF BUYING NEW BOX WITH Z-FORCE TYPE FEATURE.

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
We had one in our Landshark and my son liked it. We kept the wheel when we sold the Landshark and I have considered removing the switch assembly, building a mount for a door car. Just have not done so but with it mocked up on the bench it feels good.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1830 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
It would take some practice because of the arm and release requirement

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1830 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
There’s a gentleman on Racing Junk in the Dragster section he sells windshields and alternator mounts and for dragsters and has a box to wire in to make old school box perform like Z force box

Posts: 387 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
I have the STL1 in my Nova and STL3 on my bike. Been thinking about putting another STL3 in my dragster but don’t know if I can bring myself to drill the chrome steering wheel.

I love the STL concept though!

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3154 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Quick Dawg
posted Hide Post
Top - Could you post the link?

Posts: 166 | Location: Salt Lake City | Registered: January 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I've got one for sale if anyone is interested.

Posts: 120 | Location: Indiana | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have been running one on my dragster for 4 years now and will never go back. I am much faster and more consistent. I like not stressing my muscles holding the button any more. I feel much more relaxed at the tree.

Posts: 106 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
What happens if you are last to stage and its a quick tree? do you have the time to **** the first lever? What about bumping in and flickering the bulb and ****ing it prematurely? no pun intended. Just seems to me that having that one extra step could bit ya in the butt.

Posts: 232 | Location: On the top of a bus! | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
Anyone have William Hamilton’s contact info?

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Smokin, I think it is a non-issue. The "arm" action is done then the "ready" action is accomplished while fingers slide from one position to another. it is a very small movement. It is all one, smooth movement.

A "quick" tree would be no different than the same happening with a button. Practice, practice, practice.

Larry Woodfin

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Smokin,
I feel better on a quick tree than the button as i hit the first lever with my pointer finger and already have my middle finger on the trigger.

as far as the bulb flickering, it is the same as the button. Just release the 2nd lever while holding the brake and bump in. I have more of an issue waiting for the box to cycle then the time to release and reset the trigger.

Posts: 106 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post