DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    1999 chevy truck speedometer problems
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1999 chevy truck speedometer problems
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
i have a 1999 chevy one ton crew cab 4 wheel drive truck. a 454 mtr auto trans. i started having trouble with the speedometer quit working and when i step on the brake both turn signal light in the dash came on. i rebouted the ecm and fixed that, but the speedometer womt worh. it may be the bcm, but i cant find it and i took part of the dah apart. i need help please

Posts: 1 | Location: nashville tn | Registered: January 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Look for the dash ground, sounds like it's loose. I can't remember exactly on that body, some are right under the dash on the drivers side.

Posts: 1447 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Check the dash circuit board for loose resistors. The early 2000s trucks had issues with cold solder joints. i'd imagine a 99 is no different.

Posts: 549 | Location: somewhere between been and never was | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post