Share |
DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Glasstek fiberglass products feedback
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glasstek fiberglass products feedback
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
For those who have personal experience with Glasstek fiberglass parts.

I have a new project beginning with a 1987 Buick Regal. The project requires a fiberglass lift-off front end [which Glasstek builds] It will also require other fiberglass body parts, all cataloged by Glasstek.

Question; let me hear your experience with Glasstek parts and dealing with the company.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1126 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Everything I've ever gotten from them is very nice. I use them whenever possible on stock body cars. Pro Mod stuff is a different deal and I use others for that. But stock bodied cars glasstek is my go to.

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1236 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
They are also good to work with, no issues what so ever.

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1236 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
Bought a hood, fenders, bumpers and trunk lid for my 64 Nova......... Nicest, straightest fiberglass parts I've dealt with yet !!!! Super nice stuff. My son just ordered a set of 69 Camaro fiberglass fenderwells. They said a week or two wait but we had them on our doorstep within 2 weeks, and the quality and fit is incredible, really nice pieces. I've painted a bunch of their stuff over the years, always high quality.

I HIGHLY recommend them, you wont be disappointed.

Posts: 1059 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Guy's I appreciate the feedback. I will follow up with the company.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1126 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 434 olds
posted Hide Post
I had Glasstek make a one off custom nose as a one piece with a cut back hood which is shorter than a stock length hood. They also had the doors,deck lid, front and rear bumpers. When John Kirk did the paint work, i told him no body filler except where the recess spots were for the door handles. The body is pretty straight. Top notch work for the guys at glasstek.

Worlds Quickest And Fastest 71 Cutlass On The Planet Earth

Posts: 406 | Location: Oak ridge, N.J | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Best 442 ^^^^ Really sweet ride...

X4 ON Glasstek fiberglass....

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2119 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HS professor:
Bought a hood, fenders, bumpers and trunk lid for my 64 Nova......... Nicest, straightest fiberglass parts I've dealt with yet !!!! Super nice stuff. My son just ordered a set of 69 Camaro fiberglass fenderwells. They said a week or two wait but we had them on our doorstep within 2 weeks, and the quality and fit is incredible, really nice pieces. I've painted a bunch of their stuff over the years, always high quality.

I HIGHLY recommend them, you wont be disappointed.

And you should know, you're the body man!

My Glasstek hood fit perfect, didn't do anything to it. Heck of a shipping crate it comes in too.

Posts: 1707 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Matrix
posted Hide Post
My body is all fiberglass from glasstek. Really nice fit

Daryl Pinder

Dynasty Motorsports
www.dynastymotorsports.com

Posts: 481 | Location: Ft. Washington, MD USA | Registered: March 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have bought several doors, hoods ect from them , I have been very happy with everything .What works nice for me is I attend the Drag Expo in Chicago and they bring my stuff to the show ,I save the crating and shipping charges.

Posts: 62 | Location: Southwest IOWA | Registered: March 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of rallye bob
posted Hide Post
Hood and bumpers here... Good stuff....

Posts: 8 | Location: usa | Registered: December 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
I have mounted many products from Glasstek. They are top notch for OEM bodied stuff. I can also tell you companies that suck.......lol.

Posts: 1136 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Nitzsche:
I have mounted many products from Glasstek. They are top notch for OEM bodied stuff. I can also tell you companies that suck.......lol.
unlimited. #1 ****tiest ever lol

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I was hesitant to reply with the name of the worst fiberglass company around; but since you already did, I agree---Unlimited Fiberglass. Terrible products and even worse customer service.

Posts: 47 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of SS_Sean
posted Hide Post
Another vote for glasstek. I had their bumpers and still have their hood. It all fit with no trimming and not much sanding/fill before paint.

1978 Chevy Malibu
540, Rons Toilet, BTE PG, 25.5B/backhalf
8.89@150mph, 1.30 60'

Posts: 54 | Location: Oregon | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of jason jensen
posted Hide Post
Glasstek all the way...even able to withstand me slamming the **** out of my door when I do something stupid.

Posts: 280 | Location: Kalamazoo, MI | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post