Find
Notify
Tools

Fuel hose
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ron Gusack
posted
I have -8 fuel hose from the pump to the carb that I installed in 2010. I can't remember the brand (I think Russell) but I know it it isn't PTFE lined. I've run gas and E-85 through it over the years. Some say I'm past due to change it. Which brand of PTFE hose will last without developing the leaks I read about regardless of what fuel I run through it?

Posts: 459 | Location: Maryland | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
I ran Goodridge braided hose for many years without and leaks. (Installed them back in '94, running methanol only)

I replaced them last year with Vibrant hose and fittings, alcohol and E85 compitible. The main reason I switched was to replace the fitting that were deteriorating from the inside out.

https://vibrantperformance.com....php?cPath=1529_1285

Whoevers hose you purchase, make sure you get the fittings from them too.

I guess we will see how long this stuff lasts.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 739 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Aeroquip "start lite" hose has given me excellent service.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1832 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I replaced all of my fuel with Fragola but I didn't go to PTFE. For trans cooler I used PTFE but I had Orme Bros make it with crimp fittings.

Posts: 1461 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bad News
posted Hide Post
Aeroquip ss hose lasted about 12 years, stardted leaking.Replacement hose, non aeroquip lasted 3 years, started leaking.

Posts: 868 | Location: ft laud | Registered: September 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ron Gusack
posted Hide Post
Doesn't lined hose last longer? If I was 100% sure that I would only run gas, I'd just put aluminum back in it. Isn't alky and E-85 corrosive to metal lines?

Posts: 459 | Location: Maryland | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
E-85 is Ok with aluminum. Methanol you don't want aluminum lines.
Lined hose will last longer but you need all new hose ends to swap over if you already have lines on your car. that's why I went with the Fragola line and reused most of my existing fittings. I also got rid of the stainless and went to the cloth covered. my finger tips liked it better.

Posts: 1461 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post