DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Because I'm nuts...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Because I'm nuts...
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpeierRacingHeads:
Well, we made steam..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWP7YPVhWf8

But how much?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:
Originally posted by SpeierRacingHeads:
Well, we made steam..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWP7YPVhWf8

But how much?

He might be willing to tell you how many BTU's were extracted from the fuel.

Man that unit sounds goooooooood.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1649 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SpeierRacingHeads
posted Hide Post
Ready to go in. As far as power, just a number until it goes down the track. But it's a damn good start!

Posts: 1405 | Location: Hays Kansas | Registered: January 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Have I had my hands full! I had to lower the engine 2.5 inches to get the flat hood to close. It's been a ton of work, but now just waiting on the 3 speed. Getting close!

Posts: 1405 | Location: Hays Kansas | Registered: January 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Man that is sexy!!!

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1649 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Who's valve covers and breathers?

Posts: 1625 | Location: UsA | Registered: October 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Beautiful work Chad! I've been a class racer wanna be for years. We built an IHRA legal car for my kids after juniors. I bought an NHRA legal stocker a couple years ago and now have 2. Loving it! I should have done this 10 years ago! See you out there!

Posts: 1183 | Location: Lake Worth, Fla. U.S. | Registered: August 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T172JR:
Who's valve covers and breathers?

Moroso breathers and Moroso covers.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Thanks Goob and Kenney!

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpeierRacingHeads: now just waiting on the 3 speed.

Kilgore??

Posts: 2457 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
not the trans if he wants the quickest/fastest

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:
Originally posted by SpeierRacingHeads: now just waiting on the 3 speed.

Kilgore??

No, McClay TH200 with a new Glasbrener billet trans brake and tricks. I would have run a ProFlight but can't because it has to be a GM. They put the ProFlight internals in a GM casting but it was going to be middle of next year. I might have one ordered! Smile

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Interior totally done. Entire year shot, waiting.. Just received three new converters, tires I waited for 2 months. Next year will be fun!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Car looks great.I tried last year to get into SS with a Cobalt that was an SS/AS car but it got sold out from under me when I was headed to pick it up. Guess it wasnt meant to be but might have been fun. Maybe someday. BEst of luck with it.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 989 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Done and on the ground. Engine coming out and changing things and headed back to the dyno.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

Posts: 1625 | Location: UsA | Registered: October 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
You are nuts! You haven’t made a pass yet, why is the engine being pulled to change up the combo?

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
You are nuts! You haven’t made a pass yet, why is the engine being pulled to change up the combo?

Because both transmissions won't be here until November and when I was doing the engine, I couldn't get parts. So I used the old cam and it's way too big. It was a cam for the old 041 heads and the new Edelbrocks are much better. So I have cams, carbs, headers, to try. I'm just gonna have to travel to test first of the year. The parts have been a big PIA.

I thought I would makes some runs as is to see what I have. Didn't work out.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Got ya.

I would suggest a chassis or hub dyno if available near you, many of the top cars are tuning on these dynos today.