DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Because I'm nuts...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Because I'm nuts...
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of SpeierRacingHeads
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Got ya.

I would suggest a chassis or hub dyno if available near you, many of the top cars are tuning on these dynos today.

Totally agree.

Posts: 1405 | Location: Hays Kansas | Registered: January 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Ed, check this out. This is the profile they were using in 2008-2013 range for the 041 heads. They flowed 240@.500 and 260@.900. The new stuff flows 260@.500 and 280@.900. This cam has 68º of overlap. All going out the exhaust, exhaust ports were nasty.

Posts: 1405 | Location: Hays Kansas | Registered: January 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I’d have to run some simulations but I don’t like the events and the resulting LSA, every sbc that I’ve spec’d a cam for always ran quicker with a tighter/narrower LSA.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’d have to run some simulations but I don’t like the events and the resulting LSA, every sbc that I’ve spec’d a cam for always ran quicker with a tighter/narrower LSA.

The cylinder head's combustion chamber has a lot to do with LSA's also!!! Take your typical SBC vs as LS motor, big differences what they want!

Posts: 2145 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I know and agree. he ain't running LS heads rather straight plug Edelbrocks

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
They allowed the angle plug for a LT1 now. Which is good because the plug is in a much better location.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I know and agree. he ain't running LS heads rather straight plug Edelbrocks

I know, it was just an example.

Posts: 2145 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpeierRacingHeads:
They allowed the angle plug for a LT1 now. Which is good because the plug is in a much better location.

Big time!

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
SO HAPPY! Finally got the TH200.. It has a new billet brake that has a clean neutral like a XLT Coan. Take the input shaft and spin it, keeps spinning..

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Also got these. I have a good customer that just made them for me. WAY too expensive. I probably would never buy them, but gifted is awesome! Smile

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Nice transmission, what planetary gear ratios?

Posts: 2448 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Luvtruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpeierRacingHeads:
Also got these. I have a good customer that just made them for me. WAY too expensive. I probably would never buy them, but gifted is awesome! Smile

Those are SLICK!

Posts: 242 | Location: Vanceboro NC | Registered: February 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
Nice transmission, what planetary gear ratios?

2.52/1.57

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I got my own pizza cam this week! Smile

MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I got my own pizza cam this week! Tool Steel Smile

MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!

[/QUOTE]