DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Because I'm nuts...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Because I'm nuts...
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
Chad, on your converter question, any converter company can build what you need. A neutral pump and a very aggressive stator should get it moving, now how well it locked up on the big end would be a different story. Definitly want a diode/sprag in it.

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 704 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
quote:
Hands cramp up. I drink lots of water too.

If you're cramping you're low on electrolytes. "Sodium, potassium, and chloride are the significant electrolytes along with magnesium, calcium, phosphate, and bicarbonates". Sodium chloride is table salt, that's why they use to use salt tablets when sweating. Electrolytes helps the cells to communicate. Which is to say you can have ample water in your system but if you're electrolyte deficient cells won't re-hydrate once depleted via sweat. Sports drinks replace electrolytes but also calories. If you don't want the calories then they have "electrolyte water beverage" such as Propel by gator aid. A powder you simply add to your water. Good luck Gramps!

Lmao ^^ thanks for the info Bucky!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4481 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpeierRacingHeads:
So other than the standard go to like Coan, ATI, A1, is there any hidden gem Super Stock converters companies out there? Doesn't hurt to ask!

As much as it pains me to say it, ATI seems to have something going on, particularly for footbraked Stockers, in regards to their stall achieved / slip percentage downtrack. I dunno.
For yours I'd talk to Hughes for a bolt together, if that's legal.

I'd also at least talk to FTI, and get their thoughts.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1629 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SpeierRacingHeads
posted Hide Post
The exhaust came in at 67cc. Need to shrink it up 2cc, no problem. I decided not to weld mine. Always wanted to try it and makes sense on my stuff. Standard vs raised exhaust.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SpeierRacingHeads,

Posts: 1405 | Location: Hays Kansas | Registered: January 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
With todays NO TECH at NHRA races the only time those heads would be checked is either at Indy or if you set a record....

But making them the right CC is the right thing to do....

Easy enough to cut the exhaust side with that Bport setup.....

2 CC's isn't much......

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of KWig
posted Hide Post
Nicely done Chad.

You have to put in the effort, to get anything out of it.

Posts: 736 | Location: Cumming Ga | Registered: January 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:
With todays NO TECH at NHRA races the only time those heads would be checked is either at Indy or if you set a record....

But making them the right CC is the right thing to do....

Easy enough to cut the exhaust side with that Bport setup.....

2 CC's isn't much......

For sure. I would never send it to someone illegal or run it myself that way.

Posts: 1405 | Location: Hays Kansas | Registered: January 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Lots of work right there. Very nice!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4481 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Tyler Laue
posted Hide Post
Awesome stuff! Sent you a message.

Posts: 18 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Couple updates. I used a coating that I have used on firearms to be different on the front wheels. Also got the brake pedal moved to the firewall

Ended up with a TH200, couple A1 converters, and a new Dewco 3rd member.

Also ended up with 45 hours in the manifold and ordered low drag bearings and seals.

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Chad your just getting a way too show case your hard work. very good for business. Do you still drive the red camaro?

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Footloose:
Chad your just getting a way too show case your hard work. very good for business. Do you still drive the red camaro?

No, I sold the Camaro.

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
You gonna build another street car? I like your new race car. Smile

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Footloose:
You gonna build another street car? I like your new race car. Smile

Not right now, going to concentrate on the race car.

Last picture, Camaro is being picked up in an hour and transported to the new owner.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The interior is close to GT legal now. Ordered a new dash panel and have to carpet the metal floor mats to be legal.

Engine goes on the dyno the end of the month.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of KWig
posted Hide Post
You and your dad have done a lot to it now. Nice work. Looking forward to seeing it run !

You have to put in the effort, to get anything out of it.

Posts: 736 | Location: Cumming Ga | Registered: January 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Finished 350/360hp SS engine. Guaranteed to make 360hp!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Intake is very nice. I like the color. I did silver vein on mine but I like your choice better. Car looks great. Good luck. Should be a lot of fun!!!!

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Pm sent Chad. In regards to the manifold coating.

Raceless in California!

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post