DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    alky compatible fuel solenoid
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

alky compatible fuel solenoid
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
Looking for 12v fuel solenoid that will work with alky. Just need for primer system so it closes once pump is off to keep enhine from pulling fuel. Nitrous solenoid is easy just alky ones are more expensive than would like, isn't everything.

Anyone have alternative?

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I just used a gas solenoid from an old nos kit.
I’d imagine a 12v water solenoid make work also.

Posts: 690 | Location: Bucks Co Pa | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Dave Koehler
posted Hide Post
https://www.koehlerinjection.c...n-primer_System.html

Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection - http://www.koehlerinjection.com
Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Nitrous Master Software - Balancing
99% of fuel injection problems are electric.

Posts: 351 | Location: Urbana, IL 61802 | Registered: December 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B.C.Malibu:

Thinking about giving a try. I have 3 or 4 laying around. Wondering how long they live with alky before seals are bad?

Dave,

I looked at your air noids, but I am trying to do a way with using both air and electrical. I do like that yours are one piece deal.I have to solenoids now one controls the air to the other. Yours will mean less plumbing and less weight.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Dave Koehler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
quote:
Originally posted by B.C.Malibu:

Thinking about giving a try. I have 3 or 4 laying around. Wondering how long they live with alky before seals are bad?

Dave,

I looked at your air noids, but I am trying to do a way with using both air and electrical. I do like that yours are one piece deal.I have to solenoids now one controls the air to the other. Yours will mean less plumbing and less weight.

Air or electric. They both work BUT must have a teflon plunger for alky to work.

Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection - http://www.koehlerinjection.com
Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Nitrous Master Software - Balancing
99% of fuel injection problems are electric.

Posts: 351 | Location: Urbana, IL 61802 | Registered: December 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post