Share |
DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Lost et and other issues...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lost et and other issues...
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted
Well this weekend at Norwalk the car lost a tenth from Friday to Saturday. It was a little at a time. Lost a bit of mph also. Prelude: I broke the case on the tranny about a month ago at Budds Creek. Had a new tranny built and had the converter checked. I don't believe it was cut open though. Two weeks ago I went to Empire for the IHRA event and the car struggled to idle in gear...never been an issue. I cleaned the air bleeds adjusted the idle mixture screws and raised the idle slightly. It was better but not great. Flash forward to the race this weekend with the ET loss...and inconsistent lights also. This car is normally extremely consistent so I was thinking maybe the sprag was hurt??? Any ideas???

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 714 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a sprag . that's why I quit running them.

Posts: 7 | Location: Odessa,Texas | Registered: December 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Same thing mine did at last race last year, no sprag in converter but trans pan was full of metal. Don't know yet if I fixed it with new trans/converter I have taken a year off to do other things.

Posts: 93 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 57 Vette
posted Hide Post
Eric,
Get the converter off to Lenny to replace the Broken sprag.I will be installing a 9"BTE Steel Stator Spragless converter in my Vette for next year to make sure this does not happen.

IHRA ACDELCO Canadain Nationals
Top/et Iron man Champion Wink
57 Don Davis Corvette roadster Cool
SDPC Race Shop 582 Head Hunter

Posts: 234 | Location: Toronto Ont/Surprise AZ | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
When mine broke the sprag it dropped off .20 and was stalling 2000 RPM lower. New convertor went spragless and did not lose anything.

"Our products are not designed for ED, they are designed for COMPETITIVE RACERS"

2X SHRA NE2 CHAMPION.

Posts: 1169 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys...I think its the sprag but I'm going to check a couple of other things first. Then the tranny comes out.

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 714 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post