DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    friction coatings
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

friction coatings
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
First I am not looking for performance gains. Looking for durablity.

Amyome here tried any of the friction reducing coatings? If so which and for what part?

I am looking for something that will holdup on adjusters and pushrod cups. While not a probelm for most here. On Hemi's the oiling systems do not feed oil thru pushrods,but rely on oil that is fed threw rocker standsto shafts and out holes under rockers. When rocker hole aligns with oil grove in shaft it gets a very short squirt.How long does a 1.8 hole align with a greove that is about 3/16 at 8000 rpm? Not long is answer you are looking for.

Have contacted few coating company's, but no responses yet.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4179 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sr4440
posted Hide Post
if it were me and i had the same concerns about wear, I would have the shafts DLC coated.

Joe

Without data, you’re just another guy with an opinion.

Posts: 1297 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Shafts never had issue.Even in TA/D where shifts where 10500 and leave was 7000. Right now price little bit of issue.700 bucks to do enough piece for 2 motors.Heck the piece didn't cost that. Hoping to find cpl other to go in on minimum order.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4179 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post