DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Building New Headers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Building New Headers
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I've got a big cubic inch small block with an LS firing order. What should the primary tube orientation be where they enter the collectors?

Posts: 182 | Location: Bellingham, Washington | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
This is something people have different theory on, some say cross pattern into the collector, so like corner to corner. And others say you should go rotationally, around the circle. I have not seen any appreashable difference. I would just do whatever works best to fit the headers and look good, and gets you equal length.

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks Will, I'm going to do just that.

Posts: 182 | Location: Bellingham, Washington | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
George Klass (that old guy that used to work for Accufab) told me a while back that he prefers the rotational pattern...says on the SBF bigger inch stuff that they see on average 40hp improvement over other styles. But there could be more to it that I'm not being told. 40hp sounds substantial.

Posts: 540 | Location: central Ar | Registered: June 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Perf Weld does this and so do others, Take a look at this. Read down a ways, they want the firing pulse circular to scavenge. https://www.hotrod.com/article...anifold-header-tech/

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4491 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post