DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    ET "sweet spot" for local racing
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ET "sweet spot" for local racing
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
So in response to the big money topic, something I've been wondering for sometime is what is the best et/mph for local Saturday night racing. Talking dragsters primarily.
4.60 and 70 combos are the most popular and get recommendations all the time on this site for new builds, but I don't think most tracks can consistently hold that power late into a local Saturday night race.
What do you think?

Posts: 106 | Location: Jackson, MS | Registered: July 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
For local stuff only, I would say mid 4.70's to mid 4.80's is a good goal.. Gives you more mph than the 4.90-5.10 stuff (which locally I see a lot of around the smaller tracks in N.E. Ohio)

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DLR
posted Hide Post
Love my SBC 5.50 door car, chase most door cars and slows up the finish line view against most dragsters.

Posts: 469 | Location: BENTON HARBOR, MI | Registered: August 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Just be.00 take .00 game over..

Posts: 1247 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Around here 4.70's pretty common and rarely see track be issue even in late rounds. Have seen some 4.20's go rounds running dead on, but get bitten in late rounds.

IMO 4.60 to 4.80 range is good for both local and big money deals.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4156 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of thoughts on it...
One is, have a car that run in more than one class, to give you the most chances to race, if your budget allows. Dragsters are limited to 1 class.
Second is, be at one end or the other in the ET break. As in, if Mod/Pro minimum ET in the 1/8th is 9.09, have a high 8s, low 9s car. If quickest ET is 5.00, have a 5.teens car. With my '69 Cutlass, footbraking in Top, I was the slowest car, 7.80s-90s. Dragster guys hated running me, and I picked up a few round wins giving them the stripe as they broke out.

With my '81, I'm in the slower middle pack ET wise for Modified, and lower end for sure in Top, 7.teens-20s.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post