DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    new project idea today
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

new project idea today
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
A friend of mine knowing I am sucker for thrying something different or we think is. MFI LS engine. He has gotten a ls for almost nothing. Wanted to know If I thought doing a MFI LS has ever been done.. I figure one maybe two have but wondering.

Few choice we thought about is using factory intake and converting to MFI.Pluggin injector holes or converting to use nozzles. Machine throttle body biggest single fly we can fit. Second was using carb intake and doing same as would for regualr eninge. Third most work.least cost build sheetmetal tunnel ram with the injector.I like 3rd best of coarse. I have idea for making vc covers that will old school the hell out of it.

Basic plan is build and throw in something lite and see what we can make it do. Best part not my dollar.Only bad all my work.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Change ti intake ideas. Tunnel rams are so cheap and too easy to convert to build one. Found lots of potions there and I just happen to have a fly throttle assebly that we ran on intake for injected bbc. will work great and oninjector parts to buy will more than offest at least half cost of intake.

Now to see what some good high compression piston are available?

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post