DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    New MW CV dragster driveshafts now available
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New MW CV dragster driveshafts now available
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted
Mark Williams just released a CV drive shaft for dragsters with shorty powerglides. Shot peened 300M shaft. Definitely going on my wish list.

https://www.markwilliams.com/cv-driveshafts.html

Posts: 2399 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Looks a lot like my Goethe

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1513 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Mine too

Posts: 1749 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
If I had a fast suspended dragster, I'd have one. Either Goethe or MW.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Will be on my next car and from MW

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Ed, why not put one in the Undercover?

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I hope Goethe isn't building them for mark Williams because you will be waiting a year for one

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
They're not and that's exactly why mine will be coming from MW

quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":

because...

1. it will do nothing for my program but lighten my wallet

2. the driveshaft in my Undercover is already made by the best in the business..Mark Williams.

3. my Undercover maybe for sale in 8 months and that driveshaft won't get me anymore $.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
That shaft is not about the money...it was about the safety as my teenager is driving these cars.

MW has good product and I would also recommend goeth shafts to anyone looking for a safer way.

Posts: 1749 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Chris, with all due respect, IMO, you are the last one to talk about safety of your son driving these cars.

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
Goethe use to work at MW. I'm sure they did a deal.

Posts: 2101 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Ed, Seriously...your kid crashes golf carts...my kid crashes race cars and wins $100K...

Moron...

Scott, I agree.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
that's Laughing very hard but you are a moron for allowing your kid who just crashed less than 1 hour earlier to get back in a car and countless racers think the same. Oh and my kid as well his 3 passengers spent 5 hours in the hospital despite the track $15/hour EMT telling them and me they are ok.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
They're not and that's exactly why mine will be coming from MW

quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":

because...

1. it will do nothing for my program but lighten my wallet

2. the driveshaft in my Undercover is already made by the best in the business..Mark Williams.

3. my Undercover maybe for sale in 8 months and that driveshaft won't get me anymore $.

Makes sense...

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
4. my Mark Williams aluminum driveshaft was sent to MW last season for inspection with only 1000+ runs and to install new U joints, something most bracket racers never do.

5. up till this announcement from MW, it would take 8 months to get one from the other guy.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seabass:
Looks a lot like my Goethe

How long have you had it JR? Anny issues with the boots?

Did you put the special pinion support on your spare center ?

Did you and your Dad both do it?

Posts: 671 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: April 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
that's Laughing very hard but you are a moron for allowing your kid who just crashed less than 1 hour earlier to get back in a car and countless racers think the same. Oh and my kid as well his 3 passengers spent 5 hours in the hospital despite the track $15/hour EMT telling them and me they are ok.

You still a moron...FACTS you and your countless racers can kiss our azz as well.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I told you I don't like you in that way. Razz

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
I am not sure I like you in any way...I do have the Goethe's in 2 American cars with safety in mind...

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
We all know you don't like me or more to the point my opinions, my advice, my superior drag racing knowledge since you first landed here. Big Grin

So why do you reply to every post I make?

FYI, there is an ignore function here, use it.