DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    New MW CV dragster driveshafts now available
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New MW CV dragster driveshafts now available
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Your welcome to use the ignore function too...difference in superior is I got this stuff...YOU want this stuff.

Technology Ed...I got it and you dont from tires to batteries to drive shafts...dork.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Must be true, I read it on an internet forum posted by a guy that is driven to reply to my posts, by jealousy of my top shelf cars, envy of my thread views about my trailer and cars and hatred of my advice, knowledge and opinions because they don't align with his beliefs.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
^^^ Pot calling kettle black^^^^

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
Ed I refuse to fight with ya

that's the only reason you post here...FACT

quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
Ed, I only post here to fight with ya

The TRUTH and the FACTS right there!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Must be true, I read it on an internet forum posted by a guy that is driven to reply to my posts, by jealousy of my top shelf cars, envy of my thread views about my trailer and cars and hatred of my advice, knowledge and opinions because they don't align with his beliefs.
LORD GOD let’s not CRASH every thread....anyway ED my 05’ UNDERCOVER I had the same driveshaft as yours I sold to a friend in 2011’ ish...it made it till about 2016 so about 10 years...didn’t hurt nothing let go on the starting line peeled it opened like a can of biscuits....but I replaced mine on my 2011’ with there chromoly one after I seen that...

Posts: 1259 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Aluminum has a "life expectancy" in a stressful, cyclic application no matter if it's a connecting rod, rocker arm or a driveshaft...also if you shake the tires and have an aluminum driveshaft, get it outta there.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
The original aluminum driveshaft in my firebird, not MW, has been installed since day one, back in 2004. I've made thousands of wheel up passes starting in October of 2008 as well have 60 footed a best of 1.17 without issue so it has not surpassed it's "life expectancy"

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
It will.

That being said, from what I've seen the short driveshafts in dragsters are more prone to failure. Adding to that, I think some cars are setup with too much driveshaft angle (especially dragsters) that doesn't help.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
it won't, that driveshaft has been retired. Wink

I do agree that many cars, mostly home built bracket cars have too much driveshaft angle

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I put a GOethe Shaft in my racetech dragster after breaking one of those MW driveshafts. The car was noticably smoother top end as well as the DS sensor showed it smoother also and the car picked up about 1 mph

Posts: 155 | Location: Syracuse NY | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
first I've heard that it is worth MPH

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by topd1332:
I put a GOethe Shaft in my racetech dragster after breaking one of those MW driveshafts. The car was noticably smoother top end as well as the DS sensor showed it smoother also and the car picked up about 1 mph

By design a U-joint driveshaft accelerates and decelerates as it turns, a CV joint shaft does not. CV=Constant Velocity

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Geez you would think I started a new tire thread....just thought I would share something new that could make someone's fast dragster like mine safer

Posts: 2432 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
Geez you would think I started a new tire thread....just thought I would share something new that could make someone's fast dragster like mine safer
New Norm.....AGAIN...

Posts: 1259 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:

Troublemaker! Falling of chair laughing

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
quote:
Originally posted by topd1332:

By design a U-joint driveshaft accelerates and decelerates as it turns, a CV joint shaft does not. CV=Constant Velocity

Just a clarification, u joint DS don't always accel and decel when setup up correctly or it's so minor it has no impact on performance.

Posts: 2157 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thanks Steve, I appreciate the heads up and again, my new car will have a MW CV driveshaft

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Top, if the driveshaft angle is 0 then there is no accel-decel, any angle changes that. But if properly set up there shouldn't be much (if any) angle. When a suspended dragster leaves and the shocks change length it will always cause angle change, having such a short driveshaft in a dragster is where the problem lies.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
quote:

Thanks Steve, I appreciate the heads up and again, my new car will have a MW CV driveshaft

I will let you know what I think after I get one, I have a couple of other expensive projects I am working on right now but its now on my short to get list

Posts: 2432 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to hearing your first hand experience and results.