Notify
Tools

Vacuum Pump
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Coloradoracer:
I didn't measure mine for a long time...Now I have it hooked up to log through my Grid. On mine I just cranked the adjustment down to pull max vacuum and let it go.....

Just curious, do you notice a difference in your vacuum pumps ability/reading between your higher altitude and the sealevel-ish tracks?

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
We had a Morosso pump on our 565 and it pulled 5-7 at idle and maybe 12 under power. We had the puke tank problem because the line sat right above the Rocker so we changed the pickup and solved the problem. Our dry sump motors pull between 13-15 and 18-21 now and obviously don't have to worry about puke tank issues with that.

Posts: 34 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: October 09, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
I have a smoke machine and it's amazing how many vacuum leaks your average engine has Eek

Distributors and chinese valve cover welds are the worst.

Our cars make about 5" at idle and 10-12" max down track. We have the suction line in the front of the valve covers and can go dozens of runs without draining the puke tank. Sludge comes out, not oil. We run Moroso enhanced 4 vane pumps and never clean them or have any issues. The pump on the Firebird is probably 10 yrs old and the truck was a used pump I put a new shaft and vanes in when the truck was new. 170 runs with no cleaning and acting the same as when rebuilt.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have the 3 vane moroso vac. pump plumbed into the fuel pump block off plate on my camaro. 4 to 5 inches of vac. at idle and almost 10 down track

Posts: 22 | Location: trenton ohio | Registered: July 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post