quote:
Originally posted by racerdude2054:
Sunoco blue
VP blue
X-14
X-16
C-15
Sunoco Maximal

Can someone tell the major pros and cons for my combination between these fuels? Has anyone tried multiple fuels on a similar combo? Any differences? Any difference on how much heat the engine builds? Any ET difference?

Thank you

The most important number for race fuel is Motor Octane. A race engine will not survive detonation, and Motor Octane is your cushion against detonation. So that's the important number for comparison between race fuels. For instance...
Sunoco 110 is 106 Motor Octane
VP Blue is 107 Motor Octane
Renegade Pro 110 is 108 Motor Octane

Mike Croley
Dist. for Renegade Race Fuels/Methanol
386-341-4308

Posts: 16 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Methanol = 88.6 MON

Posts: 519 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Simply asking who has tried multiple of the fuels listed on a similar motor combination and what were the results

If you have only tried one then there is no comparison

Posts: 785 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Took off the alcohol injection and switched to an APD gas carb. First pass off the trailer the car ran a 4.57 at 150 mph with Sunoco Blue

Car was about 0.03- 0.05 Quicker in ET and about 1 MPH faster on the gas carb than what I would have guessed it would have ran with the alcohol injection at the track and the time given the conditions without actually doing same day swaps and tests.

We will see how it does this weekend at the SFG race in Reynolds GA

Posts: 785 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
no surprise

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
Please report back findings after it gets warm and soupy outside. It has been argued many times that alky runs better 80% of the year than gas. Just want to see how true it is.

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 704 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of eric doukas
posted Hide Post
I will never buy racing gas any other way than buying it in brand new sealed 55 drum , that way you know what your getting. In the 90's at a track I raced at the kid that was working the fuel station ( pumping out of barrels out of a sea van trailer ) gave a guy the wrong fuel and he blew up his motor cause of it .

Posts: 49 | Location: fallon nv | Registered: December 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 329L:
Please report back findings after it gets warm and soupy outside. It has been argued many times that alky runs better 80% of the year than gas. Just want to see how true it is.

I will be glad to report back

DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Racer Dude, just curious how things have gone with your gas carb setup over the Summer?
Has the car continued to run numbers close to what your Alky injection did, in similar weather conditions?

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1034 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FootbrakeJim:
quote:
quote:

Racer Dude, just curious how things have gone with your gas carb setup over the Summer?
Has the car continued to run numbers close to what your Alky injection did, in similar weather conditions?

It is running just as good in the heat and humidity as the alcohol injection did. Last time out the car was running 4.65....my Facebook timeline said that I won on the same day 2 years prior at the same track and the car was dialed in on a 4.70 in the winners picture. We have gone faster in the winter and the summer with this set up

It has been extremely consistent and overall I am very pleased. The biggest plus is not having to carry 3 times the amount of fuel to the track

Overall I am very happy with APD and the gas carb. We are running a mechanical pump and running Sunoco Blue fuel

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The car consistently seems to be .03 to .05 quicker in all tests and races we have ran no matter the weather or conditions

DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
quote:
The car consistently seems to be .03 to .05 quicker in all tests and races we have ran no matter the weather or conditions

Assuming they are similar CFM ratings for the carb and injection systems, that is impressive. Glad to hear it has worked out well for you. Wink

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1034 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
doesn't anyone run Sunoco HCR plus (Orange)? I use it in my high rpm 14.9 compression small block and it work fine

Posts: 10 | Location: cedar rapids, iowa | Registered: September 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Kutsick
posted Hide Post
Has anyone here done any comparison between vp blue 112 and vp x16?

Posts: 526 | Location: Couch | Registered: January 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kutsick:
Has anyone here done any comparison between vp blue 112 and vp x16?

Last weekend we ran sunoco blue (112) and then switched to VP x16 with absolutely no difference in performance

Many that I have spoken with say they see no difference between the blue to red fuel other than cost. The red does give you more octane though and may offer more peace of mind for engine protection

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Kutsick
posted Hide Post
Thats what I am afraid of. My motor was dyno`d on c15 and I have been running vp blue 112 and thought maybe I was leaving something on the table. I emailed VP tech and asked them about it. They said that they would not recommend the blue for my app (582) but that they would recommend c15 or x16. I have 5gallons of x16 that I am going to try myself this weekend.

Posts: 526 | Location: Couch | Registered: January 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
I keep reading a lot of votes for the Sunoco Blue. Is there any reason not to run the VP blue? I dont have a sunoco dealer close by.

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
when i changed from c 15 to 112 it ran the after i went up one jet size.this was during a divisional race

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1397 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post