DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    GM Tech question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GM Tech question
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
My wife just purchased a new (to her) 2017 Chevy Malibu with the autoshut off. Its very frustrating when at the light the darn engine shuts down. Any way too bypass the 'feature'?

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
My understanding is that if you take it out of drive and go down one gear to the L position that it will disable the auto stop feature.

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Today's electronic turners will shut off the 8 to 4 cyl. fuel economy mode, what ever GM calls that. I would think a similar feature would be available for the shut off "benefit". But tuners aren't cheap, so hopefully you can pull a fuse or something similar. Someone will be along.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of DaleH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T/D6591:
My understanding is that if you take it out of drive and go down one gear to the L position that it will disable the auto stop feature.

The one I rented bypassed it if you shift to manual and then while still stopped manually shift through the gears to high with the button. It will shift on its own, but not shutoff at stops etc.
Kind of a pain, but was the only way to stage with this rental..

Posts: 61 | Location: MN | Registered: August 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
My advice is to get used to it, once you are it’s not too bad. The only thing that bothers me about it now is parking/shutting the car off since it auto stops when you stop then starts back up when you put it in park. My workaround is to click it in neutral as I’m rolling to a stop.

If you really need to stop it, you can get a tune from somewhere like https://www.trifectaperformance.com/.

Posts: 713 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maliciousintent:
My wife just purchased a new (to her) 2017 Chevy Malibu with the autoshut off. Its very frustrating when at the light the darn engine shuts down. Any way too bypass the 'feature'?

should be as others cars/models allow you to chose.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
My advice is to get used to it, once you are it’s not too bad.

I trust this is also your philosophy for wearing a mask from now until dooms day? Have to agree with Ed, if you buy, and make a market for such a POS then you have earned the right to live under big brothers mandates.

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
That's a pain in the a22 work around. My mother can't stand it on her BMW. It has a button right under the start button to disable it. Problem solved.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6398 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
just scroll your display features to find the function that turns it off

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
quote:
My advice is to get used to it, once you are it’s not too bad.

I trust this is also your philosophy for wearing a mask from now until dooms day? Have to agree with Ed, if you buy, and make a market for such a POS then you have earned the right to live under big brothers mandates.

And I trust that you’re an infectious disease expert and your opinion on masks matters Smile

There is no button (or menu setting) to shut off auto stop on that car. The options are gearshift trick, buy a tuneup, get used to it, or get rid of it.

Posts: 713 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Oh and I don't wear no mask, ain't afraid of a virus whose death rate is manufactured by the deep state and the far left and their propaganda machine, the "news" media and FYI, I work in NYC and have been everyday. Never shuttered at home.

Trump is going to win by the widest margin in presidential election history!!

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
And I trust that you’re an infectious disease expert and your opinion on masks matters

Of course not. But I don't need an alleged "expert", or politician, to make decisions for me. Individual rights are just that, decisions to be made by the individual.

quote:
Trump is going to win by the widest margin in presidential election history!!

That will prove to be about as hollow a victory as you will ever see. The debt collapse dominoes have started to fall and it is a force that can't be stopped. Certainly not by any printing press.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I'll take the rest of my lifetime with Trump in the White House than the alternative!!

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'll take the rest of my lifetime with Trump in the White House than the alternative!!

That's one way of saying the lesser of two evils. Without a doubt I will vote for Trump. But I have no illusions about the state of our nation, and the world for that matter.

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Some 2017 you can push both AC buttons in then they turn yellow and that does it. If not you have to put the shifter in L then press the switch on and then just put it in normal D

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
I agree its irritating as hell. I have a Ford Escape company car. It has a button to override it or I can just select sport mode on the shifter and it also overrides it. I just drive it in sport mode, it tightens the gear ratios up for more pep and also turns off the auto shut off. A double plus IMO

Posts: 2422 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
My daughter's 2019 Jeep Sahara allows it to easily be disengaged.

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Well did you get it figured out?

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post