DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Helmet visor fogging up
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Helmet visor fogging up
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of LARAY
posted
I have heard of a few old saying's of stuff to try to keep the visor from fogging up at night when the dew rolls in.

Anybody got any good tips or secrets they want to share on how to stop the problem on helmet visors and dragster windscreens?

Posts: 579 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: January 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have always used shaving cream. put it on and wipe of clean. works pretty good for me.

ep

Posts: 757 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Ivory liquid. Works great. I use it on my shield, windows and my Mickey Thompsons Wink

Posts: 23 | Location: P.A. | Registered: February 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
^^^ somebody trying for Ivory liquid sponsorship.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4176 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I just started warming my helmet up on top of my radiator or trans cooler.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 465 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sc4087
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ActionRacingPhotos:
I just started warming my helmet up on top of my radiator or trans cooler.

This.

Mike Greene

Posts: 509 | Location: Burleson, TX | Registered: March 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Nothing I tried worked except Fog City had a clear cover to put on inside your shield. Worked great.... Now I just hit the tree with my shield up and sap it down after,,, that never fogs up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and once your rolling the breeze keeps it good!

Posts: 2145 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
Nothing I tried worked except Fog City had a clear cover to put on inside your shield. Worked great.... Now I just hit the tree with my shield up and sap it down after,,, that never fogs up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and once your rolling the breeze keeps it good!

x2 on hitting the tree with my visor open.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 465 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
CRESSI anti fog

Posts: 1251 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Rain-X and keep bottom of visor slightly cracked

Posts: 785 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I am with Mike G and others. Warm helmet.
We warm the helmet with small electric heater and put it in the helmet bag.
Only problem, my very small brain burns down quickly. LOL

It does work.

Posts: 235 | Location: Justin, TX | Registered: July 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
I need to find out what the woman has at the house. Was looking for Windex to clean the windows on the car before this past weekend. She handed me some round spray bottle with a greenish colored cleaner in it. Smelled a bit like vinegar. My door car is terrible for fogging up at night, and this weekend was a swampy deal, lots of rain, mostly no wind, surrounded by farm land, humidity was around 75% or more, and my stuff did not fog at all. The dew would settle on the outside of the body and windshield, but inside was fog free. All the other cars nearby were fogged up badly. I'll update this post when I find out what it was. Gonna buy several bottles of it! Don't know if it will work on a helmet visor, but I would think so...

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1033 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Any tips for keeping your glasses from fogging up when you put down helmet visor? That's what I struggle with.

Ben Rawe 383H
1965 Chevy II Nova

Posts: 226 | Location: Alexandria, KY | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by racerdude2054:
...and keep bottom of visor slightly cracked

I always hit the tree with the visor up, then close the visor onto my thumb. Never had a problem when doing that.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3150 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Dawn dish soap.....wipe it on, buff off, works better than anything.....will have to do every couple outings, but works unbelievable for the whole night.........Howie

Posts: 72 | Location: SYRACUSE,NEW YORK | Registered: October 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rawe Power:
Any tips for keeping your glasses from fogging up when you put down helmet visor? That's what I struggle with.
ive already given you one way...FOG TECH is another good one...

Posts: 1251 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of bradsc1954
posted Hide Post
Something I learned from snowmobiling to keep my glasses from fogging up. Is to exhale through your mouth, but suck your jaw back so the breath is blown down out of your helmet.

Posts: 133 | Location: Weare NH USA | Registered: July 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
There are plenty of heated visors for DOT approved snow mobile helmets. You'd figure one of these manufacturers would invest money into heated visors for their SFI / Snell rated helmets too.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 738 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bradsc1954:
Something I learned from snowmobiling to keep my glasses from fogging up. Is to exhale through your mouth, but suck your jaw back so the breath is blown down out of your helmet.

That's exactly what I have done with previous helmet (Impact Champ), and it always worked well. I bought my first Simpson Bandit last year and breathing down doesn't work in it. In fact, the breathing techniques that have worked on all of my previous helmets seem to make my glasses fog worse in this Bandit. It's very frustrating.

Ben Rawe 383H
1965 Chevy II Nova

Posts: 226 | Location: Alexandria, KY | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
quote:
Originally posted by Rawe Power:
ive already given you one way...FOG TECH is another good one...

I've always been leary of applying chemicals to my glasses for fog prevention because I'm blind as a bat without them. If something undesireable happened to my lenses, I'm in a world of hurt. However, yours is the first positive recommendation I've seen for a specific fog-prevention product on eye glasses.

I used the shaving cream trick on the windshield of my car once and it was effective, but it left a slight haze. I don't want a residual haze on my eye glasses.

Ben Rawe 383H
1965 Chevy II Nova