DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    sure wish i had jesels
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

sure wish i had jesels
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I run T&D's on my BBC, the exhaust stand is not welded to the intake side, no issues

With your 'happy meal" horsepower i can understand why you have no issues!

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Laughing Hard

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Manton ball adjuster, cup pushrod. Manton did a good job but are on the left coast, we've been using Denny Steward here in Florida for pushrods.

He does these. Makes it easier.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
My T&D stand that broke and ripped out of the head. This is why I am totally anal when it comes to my valve train

Steve

You got that backwards, the bolt ripped out of the head then the stand broke!

Once you breaker an exhaust rocker or any part of the exhaust valve train at WOT, something on the intake side is going to break, NOS or boosted is ten times worse. The area of the intake valve is too large and with the left over cylinder pressure from no exhaust stroke, there is too much load trying to open the intake valve so the weakest part of the intake valve train is gonna break! seat,.

In my original post I said this

"I broke the intake stand early on with my blower motor when #2 exh stand came loose. It was like dominoes ripping the bolts out of the head." This happened at about 1000ft and well over 200 mph.
The #2 exhaust stand bolts were loose and bent when I pulled the VC off, the others were still bolted to the intake stand tight

Posts: 2410 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
quote:
I run T&D's on my BBC, the exhaust stand is not welded to the intake side, no issues

With your 'happy meal" horsepower i can understand why you have no issues!

Mikey

We all can't be blowers like you, I mean run a blower!!!! LOL

How's your crew chief (s) doing these days? Haven't seen you at the races recently. Hope your doing well.

Posts: 2145 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
isn't very deep to start with further reducing the pullout load it can withstand.

Al, were you talking about rocker arms or Mikey and one of his crew chiefs?

Laughing Hard

Posts: 712 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 183N:
quote:
isn't very deep to start with further reducing the pullout load it can withstand.

Al, were you talking about rocker arms or Mikey and one of his crew chiefs?

Laughing Hard

You gotta fan the fire I see! Cool

BTW Congrats on your win!

Posts: 2145 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Stephen Hughes
posted Hide Post
Jenavet, for a small fee, we can help you with that… The Pull-Out

I know, shameless plug, but you can’t blame a guy for trying.

The Pull-Out....for when you want to work smarter, not harder!!!

Posts: 336 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
We ended up cutting the exhaust pads by hand, the owner who's daughters race these dragsters, did the work.

It took him hours but came out gorgeous (perfect), I think.

Better than I could've done.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post