DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    sure wish i had jesels
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

sure wish i had jesels
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
Need some T+D rockers checked over and probably rebuilt.T+D says 8 weeks to analyze my parts to see whats required and then build time because they have nothing on the shelf and everything custom built.

Just for giggles called jesel and was told 1 to 2 weeks with plenty of parts and components on the shelf.
They both do the same thing and certainly share alot of components.

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Give Trevor at Manton a call, they can build Manton rockers for your T&D Stands. You will need them to build new push rods as their rockers has a ball on the rocker and cup on the push rod.
There stuff is the cats meow.
Get a hold of JR Baxter, he made the switch a few years back

Posts: 2409 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Yep, Manton for the win....

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1513 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
michael what is actully broke or worn

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1391 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Rusty the steel exhaust is just the adjuster and fulcrum? The aluminum intake may be tweaked a touch

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
We're putting Jesel's on our 598 Trick Flow motor, they should be in within a month or so I believe if ordered now. Last I heard on T&D's is that they're like 4+ months out. And not gonna lie, I've seen more T&D failures this year than anything else to be honest... Not saying they're no good, and it may just be coincidence but I know Trick Flow recommends Jesel for their BBC heads anyway.

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
On hold waiting on a set of steel 1.75 T&D's arriving Sept 15.

I used the 1.7 Jesels we have FOR SALE to check for P to V clearance.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
having just spoken with manton ,i too think a call to them may help you

1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1391 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
If you use anything other than T&D rockers, you better have spares because if you break one on race day, odds are you won't find Jesel or Manton at the track. That said, I have many spare T&Ds in my trailer. Wink

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Mikey, no spares? Need to carry a few spares! As for Jesel vs T&D, both are good! T&D's pivot bearing is larger and stronger than Jesels'. T&D's needle roller tips have a service life depending on your spring cam combo, (axles go) but with this option you save wear on valve guides big time vs the standard tips. Ya, T&D is a much smaller company than Jesel so there is wait time.

Posts: 2145 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
manton has some parts for the t&d stuff

1.036, 6.16@ 224

DRR Pro
Picture of SpeierRacingHeads
posted Hide Post
I've sold around 150 sets of Jesel rockers and honestly have never had a reported broken one. I put Jesel on my Super Stock engine.

With that said both companies have custom kits available for all my 23 degree heads.

Posts: 1405 | Location: Hays Kansas | Registered: January 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
My stuff is Small Block Chevy but I have Jesel, T&D and Crower. They are all good but I think the Crower are the best. But nobody else would have any spares. In reality there are so many different motors, heads, shaft rockers and rocker ratios that you would be lucky to find anyone with a spare same kind for same heads and same ratio. I now try to keep some spare parts.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3980 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I belive I have half a set of brand new T and D rockers in the box for a SBC I needed offset intakes years ago

Posts: 386 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
T & D here & carry a left/right spare set, 4 rocker arms (new); different ratios for intake & exhaust. USA

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2505 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Just bought a full set of rockers and push rods from Manton a few months back for the blower car. TIRED of T & D AND Jesel breaking. The Mantons worked with the T&D stands and I have spare Mantons just in case.

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I ordered some pushrods this week from manton and just called them back about TD campatible rockers and matt stated he has the zero offset exhaust rockers for my head but they dont offer my offset on the intake side.
so td my only option there

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Exhaust takes mosr of the beating anyway

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1513 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
T & D steel

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
What does comp eliminator run? Just wondering.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post