I am back with another issue...sigh
If i read this right ,the key is something changed

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

February 14, 2020, 09:14 AM
SlyFox
quote:
Originally posted by mavman:
Suspension is loaded when launching from the foot. Also the tires are "hit" a little harder when launching from the brake. Both can make a difference.

Your answer is right in here. You said yourself the car works leaving off the brake, but doesn't work foot braking. And mavman points out the only two things that are different between trans brake and foot braking.

Mike
February 14, 2020, 10:05 AM
green1
If the car is jacked up on the suspension when leaving off the foot then there is less front end travel. That alone could be upsetting it.
February 14, 2020, 09:40 PM
fuzzy dice
I have two guys that will be helping me tomorrow...one will be watching up close and the other will be making a video with my phone...this car was never footbraked with the previous owner...he campaigned it in top leaving off the button at 4200 rpm...

We'll get it since I know darn well there is a setting that will allow me to leave both ways and hook...I will let y'all know how it goes and thanks again everyone...

Here is a pic of my launch taken last Saturday...this is off the button at 3400 rpm...

52590410_10218007384045650_3900266153754230784_o by Daniel Warren, on Flickr

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fuzzy dice,
February 15, 2020, 07:13 AM
green1
One thing you could try to see if your suspension is jacked up too much on foot brake pass it try leaving at lower rpms, low enough that it isn’t jacking up on suspension. I have foot fed my old car from dead idle and it didn’t spin, it only ran one number slower that way too. This was a car running 5.6x
February 16, 2020, 06:36 AM
fuzzy dice
OK folks, I am back from the wars in Orlando....lol...we took four clicks out of both the compression and rebound on the rear shocks and set the fronts at the softest level possible...I put 11.5 lbs. of air in the slicks...

My first pass off the foot went OK but about 15 or so numbers slow...the good news is she hooked...yahoo!...we changed the plugs since they looked a bit iffy...my next pass the car went nuts popping and banging down the track...it left so slow I had to look if I had left in high gear...sheesh!...btw, I ran 60 numbers high...

We checked and reset the lash and checked all the electrical connections...checked the carb and it was all good...at this point I told my buddy to take the next pass...he built the motor and takes care of the car...

He went four rounds and the car acted perfectly...go figure...he took two off the foot and two off the transbrake...it ran 6.59-60 off the brake and 6.62 off the foot...only perfect...maybe the car just does not like me...lmao...oh yeah, the DA was +1400 to +1800...

I can't wait to get behind the wheel again...for a minute there I did not want to see the car ever again...he he...thanks everyone...
February 18, 2020, 11:30 AM
FootbrakeJim
quote:
Originally posted by fuzzy dice:
He went four rounds and the car acted perfectly...go figure...he took two off the foot and two off the transbrake...it ran 6.59-60 off the brake and 6.62 off the foot...only perfect...

So what RPM was he launching at? (Same 2800-3K as you)?
Sounds like the problem is cured, what do you think was the cause?
Glad you got it straightened out. Smile

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!
February 19, 2020, 01:41 PM
fuzzy dice
quote:
Originally posted by FootbrakeJim:
quote:
Originally posted by fuzzy dice:
He went four rounds and the car acted perfectly...go figure...he took two off the foot and two off the transbrake...it ran 6.59-60 off the brake and 6.62 off the foot...only perfect...

So what RPM was he launching at? (Same 2800-3K as you)?
Sounds like the problem is cured, what do you think was the cause?
Glad you got it straightened out. Smile

He launched at 2700 and 3000 off the foot and 3400 off the brake...hooked at all of them...looks like the shocks needed a little adjustment...I am guessing the coil wire was a tiny bit loose on the other issue...always something, Jim...lol...we are going to replace the coil, cap and rotor this week to be safe...