DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Time to clear beams
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Time to clear beams
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
If you have a car say 1.12 60ft then how much time for car to clear starting line beams. Don't want stop to come on before it clears. Just curious too much time on my hands and curious. Thanks for any replys.

Jeff McClure

Posts: 240 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
If it's a Dragster .1 door car maybe between .15 and .25

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 468 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
We set the 1st number at .200 (door cars)

Posts: 606 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
there are many that go on the stop at .000 and my door car goes on the stop sooner than .20

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys this will help. It is a dragster so will try .1 out afraid any sooner might affect my light. I appreciate all of your replies !!!

Jeff McClure

Posts: 240 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smokinjeff:
Thanks guys this will help. It is a dragster so will try .1 out afraid any sooner might affect my light. I appreciate all of your replies !!!

I know it not a T stop but I don't start to pull timing until .300 because I want to let the car react first. Same basic principle

Posts: 2421 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
My dragster is different than most in that it goes all the way to dead idle on the stop and the throttle closes very hard, but I had trouble with the tree until I brought the timer up to 0.100.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3153 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Brktracer
posted Hide Post
1.500 - (time in delay box) - (your reaction time, probably ~.18) = Vehicle Reaction Time

Did I get that right?

Matt Ward

Posts: 1389 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: March 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
With a 1.12 door car, and it matters HOW you got the 1.12. I would think that you could clear the light with .005 - .01 @ 5300 - 5500 and be in the .390 to .410 range. It really depends on how the car leaves, out or up. There are a lot of factors involved, getting one to leave that quick involves a lot of trial and error, it's not a snap your fingers process.

Bob

Posts: 3081 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Air stop or electric stop? If you use an air stop with an adjustable closing rate then you have another variable to ponder over. You can shut it down much earlier without affecting the reaction time. Electric stops shut down much quicker so now I would recommend .100 and work your way down from there if you have opportunity to test.

I make this harder than it has to be but I'm always willing to try something different.
David

Posts: 134 | Location: Marion, TX | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brktracer:
1.500 - (time in delay box) - (your reaction time, probably ~.18) = Vehicle Reaction Time

Did I get that right?

This is the answer to the question. In my case about .17.

That said, in super comp I’ve been pulling it back to idle at .07 and I hit the tree good enough to turn it 001 red second round at the divisional this year Big Grin . Had some in the box too, have to look up how much but probably .015-20.

Posts: 713 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
the last person here the OP needs advice from is you who does NOTHING in super comp in the one divisional you run a year, at you home track! Since you first attempted at competing in S/C 7 years ago, you haven't gotten past the 2nd round and not past the 1st round in 4 of the last 7 years. That's 3 S/C round wins in 7 years! You Da Man Laughing very hard

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
You profess to be so great, yet your boy finished 27th in super comp this year in division 1 with four first round losses, one second, and a fifth round. FOUR first round losses out of six races! Truth and facts are you sucked this year! Roll Eyes

Your boy entered six races and won six rounds. One round per race. I entered one race and won one round. Same ratio, so I guess by your logic YOU are the last person anyone should listen to.

A terribly disappointing bid to defend the prior championship. Clearly last year was a flash in the pan, lucky year that will never happen again Big Grin. Let alone the Firebird with the broken engine all year. Tell us again how great you are?

As for me, you’re right I run one divisional each year. It doesn’t make sense to me to chase divisionals when we race at the track with the current best weekly bracket program in division 1 which pays a guaranteed $1500 to win each week and $2000 once per month.

It’s really sad that you chase super comp points and earned the same round win ratio that I did this year, racing one event. I’m no super comp expert and clearly you aren’t either. But the difference is you think you are and come on here telling everyone you are. Big Grin

Furthermore, you did nothing to answer the OPs question on time to clear the beams, you just came on here to engage me and run your mouth with your usual BS. So STFU and go write a check for someone to build you a spare engine.

Posts: 713 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
make me shut up son!!!

the facts and the truth is you're a joke, you're clueless and you ain't nobody no mind competition for my son who won the division 2 years ago, his first year competing at every division race. He finished 2nd last year, 3 rounds shy of a back to back championship AND finished 4th in the world, 7 rounds shy of the championship and you...ain't done shyt EVER!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
make me shut up son!!!

the facts and the truth is you're a joke, you're clueless and you ain't nobody no mind competition for my son who won the division 2 years ago, his first year competing at every division race. He finished 2nd last year, 2 rounds shy of a back to back championship AND finished 4th in the world, 7 rounds shy of the championship and you...ain't done shyt EVER!

YOU ain’t done shyt behind the wheel ever and your boy finished 27th in SC this year. FOUR first round losses out of six races. Guess you forgot how to race! Big Grin

But you looked cool in your broken rod b!gley motor sports shirts with your cool racing radios Roll Eyes Big Grin

This could be an actual picture of Ed at the track if it had a towel instead of a power tool in its hand Big Grin Power Tool

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
got more wallys that I won and big checks in my name then you! NahNahTounge

again p u s s y save your hate for when you see me! Otherwise STFU!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
got more wallys that I won and big checks in my name then you! NahNahTounge

again p u s s y save your hate for when you see me! Otherwise STFU!

To quote you, “make me son” Big Grin

I recall the first time I met you, you were sitting in your truck with the door locked and window up to make sure I didn’t want to fight first, which I didn’t then and don’t now.

To be clear Ed, I’m not looking to fight you. I’m a huge ball buster in real life and have a good time doing it with people that can take it good naturedly. Apparently with you on the internet too since it’s so easy to get a response from you Big Grin You should be able to take it since you like to dish it!

FOUR first round losses in six races with one car, and broken rods all season with the other and no spare engine. Tell us again how great you are! NahNahTounge

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Jamie, your online BS is weak like you. Have you ever been in a gym, hit the weights and or a heavy bag? It sure don't look it. I'm nearly 60 years old, had more fist fights than I can remember in my day and ain't skeered of you or anyone else. I'm game for however far you want to take this. That said, I was not locked in my car, I was sitting in my son's car with the door open. You sent a kid to tell me there's someone here that wants to meet you to which I replied tell him don't be scared and come over. You didn't have a mouth in person then just like you didn't have a mouth back in June when you said hello to me.

Done playing with you, Don't worry about my car, my engines and my $, I've got $, the knowledge, the experience, the resourses and the driver to win more championships and we will, take that to the back!!

Shyt happens to the best and with the best. I buy the best parts for what we do and sometimes even they fail like one of the Callies Ultra I beam rods in my engine with 52 passes on it. 2 months later the Firebird was back running and competing and you were done competing in S/c same as every year since you started 7 years ago.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:

Done playing with you, Don't worry about my car, my engines and my $, I've got $, the knowledge, the experience, the resourses and the driver to win more championships and we will, take that to the back!!

If you’re done playing with me, why did you respond to this thread solely to engage me? Maybe you’d just ignore me, just saying. But you can’t because you have to “prove” you’re better than everyone else.

Just like the rest of the paragraph. You’ve got the money the knowledge blah blah blah to get FOUR first round losses in SIX races in one car and the other missed the balance of the season with a broken engine. Not impressed! Tell us again how good you are Big Grin

Spitting

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
ok, you asked...

for purposes of this forum and this topic, I am better than you and good! Spitting

#4 in the world and this is what Sunday looks like at LV long after you've loaded up and gone home. Laughing very hard