DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    alcohol carburetor tuneup summer vs winter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

alcohol carburetor tuneup summer vs winter
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Paul Dilley
posted
Gday,
From killer air in winter around 0 feet or couple hundred feet below round .990 correction factor to summer of 1.05 correction few thousand feet.
What are you guys moving jet wise summer to winter?
Cheers and thanks very much!
Paul

Posts: 37 | Location: gracemere, qld, Australia | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
not a darn thing

Posts: 783 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
I don't change the jets in mine, good air to bad air, sea level to mountains.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 734 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Ran mine the last 2.5 years straight from the APD box.

Finally changed them down 8 sizes and saw zero difference.

WB showing a little Rich - car repeats and I am not touching it.

Posts: 1433 | Location: St Marys | Registered: January 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
As the others have said, not a thing. I don't even own any jets that are not in the carburetor.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3148 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Paul Dilley
posted Hide Post
Hey cool,
Thanks guys! Would have thought would have been a slight change but there you go.
Cheers
Paul

Posts: 37 | Location: gracemere, qld, Australia | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
In crazy P.A. weather from the 30's to over 100 degrees,never change my Rupert carbs. spray the bleeders every 2 weeks and go.

Posts: 23 | Location: P.A. | Registered: February 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of jmarkaudio
posted Hide Post
Here is the deal with methanol. You can run it stinking rich and as long as the ignition fires it will still run fine. Wasting fuel, contaminating the oil, but since methanol is a simple hydrocarbon with only one carbon atom per molecule it is nearly impossible to foul the plugs being rich. My suggestion is to do a test day in killer air, lean it out until you lose ET or MPH and go back to the best performance jetting. When the air sucks do the same. It will not likely help performance any but it may save a little wear and fuel.

Mark Whitener
RFD Heads
FTI Converter
Fab Shop Headers
Home built 2 circuit Dominator :-)
www.racingfuelsystems.com

Good work isn't cheap and cheap work can't be good.

Posts: 1047 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Paul Dilley
posted Hide Post
Gday Mark,
That makes sense mate!☺
Cheers

DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
i always jetted mine in cool air and pulled jet out in real bad air,the motor would just feel sluggish.after jetting down in bad air it felt better but as stated above didnt run much different

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1390 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
More of reply about alky than carbs. Have run injection for 30 years and had about same results. Run it little rich and leave it alone for bracket car. Its just the nature of alcohol and why I never understood why so many where against it back when we started running injection. Now days injection vs carb about even and gas vs alky I figure alky probably a head or even there too.

Simple look tells you alcohol has to be less sensitive to weather changes. 5:1 vs 12:1 A/F ratio.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post