DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    New Combo 3.875 x 4.185 23 degree sbc 427
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Combo 3.875 x 4.185 23 degree sbc 427
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted
What should the MPH be 750 hp?

Out of the box Brodix Track 1 233

4500 BLP Dominator

PKRE fabricated / Ported Edelbrock 4500 flange SV2

TSI BCRCXLS 8" opel core converter / spragless went 6500 stall behind RIPPER WRENCH 710hp pump gas BBC 496

Motive 4.57 gear

87 rollout DOT street tires

3200 lb Factory conition 1969 Nova SS muscle car, all steel, rollup windows

High Gear only- Super Pro bracket racing

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:

4500 BLP Dominator

TSI BCRCXLS 8" opel core converter / spragless went 6500 stall behind RIPPER WRENCH 710hp pump gas BBC 496

Motive 4.57 gear

Heck I don't know, but there's only one way to find out; get it to the track! Wink

I like what you are trying to do with the set-up. The proof will be in round wins, good luck.

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2494 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I’m waiting for pistons for me 3.875x 4.165 with track 1’s. And twin turbos

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6354 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
quote:

4500 BLP Dominator

Motive 4.57 gear

Heck I don't know, but there's only one way to find out; get it to the track! Wink

I like what you are trying to do with the set-up. The proof will be in round wins, good luck.

Dial'd 6.39, I should be chasing anyone 5.90 or slower at the stripe, or match mph.

The tires are easy to get, cheap and easy to mount. Personally I think they'll be more consistent than any other tire I can buy, being I can put it in high gear at trans brake release, and still run around 113 mph dial'd 6.40.

I put the matching tires on the front, the car handles much better, steering wheel is heavy, the car steers itself straight.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
I’m waiting for pistons for me 3.875x 4.165 with track 1’s. And twin turbos

You'll like that better than that 3.750 stroke.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Why would you not go with a 4 inch stroke and why use Track 1 heads?

With good cranks now days no reason not to go with more stroke. The Track 1 are much better than factory heads but certainly not the best 23* heads and no where near some of the 18 or 15* heads.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3966 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
If Curly, I’ve put together quite a few 4” stroke deals and just as many 3.875. In my opinion and that’s all it is and worth. The 4” stroke in a std type small block means too many compromises. Yes that combination is very popular but I still think in a std block the shorter stroke can get you 99% of the power without as many issues. Like I said, just my opinion and it’s worth exactly what you paid for it.

Posts: 485 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:

With good cranks now days no reason not to go with more stroke. The Track 1 are much better than factory heads but certainly not the best 23* heads and no where near some of the 18 or 15* heads.

We've been looking since 2017, for one quicker / faster n/a.

No one around here has been a 5 n/a conventional 23 degree sbc.

Not with a all steel muscle car.

Pretty sure this is the quickest / fastest muscle car ever 1/8 mile, conventional 23 degree sbc.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I think he is stuck with 23 degree heads. If that is the case, I think 4” stroke exceeds the ability of most 23 to deliver and perform imo. I can’t speak to the ability of these particular heads as I don’t know what work has been done to them. Chad Speier has about the best selection of really nice performing 23 degree heads. But maybe the rules dictate what can be done to them

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6354 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Luvtruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:

We've been looking since 2017, for one quicker / faster n/a.

No one around here has been a 5 n/a conventional 23 degree sbc.

Not with a all steel muscle car.

Pretty sure this is the quickest / fastest muscle car ever 1/8 mile, conventional 23 degree sbc.

I've got a set on top of a stockblock running 5.50s at 2750lbs.....oh and has a 4" crank in it too

Posts: 242 | Location: Vanceboro NC | Registered: February 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for labeling parts of your car, but I'm pretty sure most of us know where these are parts are located.

Posts: 287 | Location: Midwest  | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Luvtruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Ticket:
Thanks for labeling parts of your car, but I'm pretty sure most of us know where these are parts are located.

The one at the top claiming a 5second ride is incorrect

Posts: 242 | Location: Vanceboro NC | Registered: February 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Mike that is a cortina core above right? I have an old GER from the early 90's. Still works fine.The out side shell looks just like yours. I wonder if they used cortina cores too? A 4 inch stroke can have more issues on a slick track

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Footloose:
Mike that is a cortina core above right? I have an old GER from the early 90's. Still works fine.The out side shell looks just like yours. I wonder if they used cortina cores too? A 4 inch stroke can have more issues on a slick track

That's a 8" opel core TSI BCRCXLS.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Ticket:

Good luck finding another like it that has been in the 5's n/a 23 sbc.

I've been looking since 2017

Keep me posted on progress.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Your shytbox ain’t been in the 5s n/a either!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Top Dog. Quickest / fastest 1/8 mile n/a 23 sbc muscle car on the planet.

The RIPPER

With an engine & transmission designed and assembled in house.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
baseless claims^^^

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
RIPPER WRENCH making it look easy again.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
we've all seen it before and what it ain't is a 5 second n/a pass nor the quickest/fastest anything.