DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Automotive videos
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Automotive videos
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Yes. He's had quite the engineering mind and ability. Just and old country boy. The Bob Glidden type. I don't know what bigger compliment I could pay him.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
Good thread. It’s unreal the information in YouTube.

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12160 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
I used non Synthetic, straight weight, Shaffers micron molly after much testing on my own. It proved to be the best on the market for methanol fueled +1000 hp drag race engines. I also use Mobil one on my street cars and trucks. After used oil testing, they all easily show excellent protection at 10,000 miles.
Shaffers unlike Mobil is a small, but very capable oil blender. They made me some custom batches which I bought in 5 gal pales on pallets. Was great to have access to the head cheese at Shaffers.

This guy is the king of home brew testing. The ware test is a descent copy of the ball test commercial done.
Good stuff
https://youtu.be/aT2qa-2TuLA

4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12160 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Guy really does his homework. Great post!

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Good call, Ed. I've been addicted to Project Farm for quite awhile. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1231 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Good stuff for watching.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6394 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
This guy's videos are entertaining...

https://www.youtube.com/channe...1EvRjcKU4sY_UEavndBw

DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
Now that I’m addicted to Farm Project, I’m not sure if should invoice you for all that time or not.

4.629@149
7.310@185

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I have to say: One of the more relaxing things I do is get on the tractor and bush hog the property. I have a comfy tractor now with a radio. I can tune in to Patriot radio or Rock Bar and just mow and relax. Knocking the trails down makes for easier walking and fewer ticks.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6394 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing those links Ed.

Paul's right. There is a ton of information on YouTube.

This place, weldingtipsandtricks.com has been good for me I'm not even a good hobbyist welder but these videos at least got my nose pointed in the right direction.

A couple of months ago the blower motor in my truck quit. Yup, YouTube. The motor unscrewed like a jelly jar. It was full of insulation from the firewall insulation. Pull the insulation out, screw the motor back in, no cost, works the fest it ever has, and we're done.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2544 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
Bruce, I wonder if YouTube is too good?
You know most of us learned how to fix stuff, the hard way and that leads to great retention. Kind of a random thought regarding the general idea of having the test answers as you take the test. lol
That said, I’m not going to stop
To the heart of this, I’ve noticed, especially in auto repair, the ability to trouble shoot has all but been replaced with part swappers, at the customers demise.

4.629@149
7.310@185

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Youtube has saved me many broken things from taking apart the only way I can figure. Often you can't tell the right way to get something apart until it's apart, and broken. Nice to see someone else do it so you can see the end result.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by adv ET 266:
Bruce, I wonder if YouTube is too good?
You know most of us learned how to fix stuff, the hard way and that leads to great retention. Kind of a random thought regarding the general idea of having the test answers as you take the test. lol
That said, I’m not going to stop
To the heart of this, I’ve noticed, especially in auto repair, the ability to trouble shoot has all but been replaced with part swappers, at the customers demise.

There was a time in this country, as it pertains to mechanical things, when parts cost more than labor. Things got fixed if they could be as that was the cheapest way to go.

My youngest (who is smarter then he gives himself credit for) swears hands on works best for him.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2544 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post