DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Rear Axle AR Bags
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rear Axle AR Bags
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of SR2010
posted
I've got a Ford F350 pulling a 32' Cargomate trailer with a Top Sportsman Firebird and electric golf cart. The only way to get them to fit is pull the golf cart in first, then winch the Firebird in backwards so the wheelie bars go underneath the golf cart rear seat.

I'm going to add some air bags to the trucks rear axle. Does anyone have experience or recommendations for which air bag setup to use? Trying to decide between Firestone and Air Lift.

Posts: 21 | Location: Ooltewah, TN | Registered: September 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I've heard good things about the Timbren SES system

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 468 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
I have Firestone air bags on my 3500 DMAX, been on there 10 years and still going strong

Posts: 2427 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I have Firestone also but they have been replaced once. I have the Air Ride automatic leveling system which sounds great but I wish I had their system that shows the air pressure. You need to keep a small amount of air in the bags and it’s hard to fine tune the automatic system to do that.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have the firestone on my motorhome and air lift on my pickup. They both have worked great. I keep 100 lbs in the bags on the motorhome because its always hooked to my race trailer. I keep 20 lbs in the pickup when not towing, then pump them up to tow. I use the gas station style air chuck to inflate with so I can check pressure.

Posts: 297 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of SR2010
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info and opinions. I've never heard of the Timbren, that system looks very interesting.

It looks like etraler.com sells all three brands, I'll give them a call and see what they recommend. Probably can't go wrong with any of the three.

Posts: 21 | Location: Ooltewah, TN | Registered: September 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR2010:
Thanks for the info and opinions. I've never heard of the Timbren, that system looks very interesting.

It looks like etraler.com sells all three brands, I'll give them a call and see what they recommend. Probably can't go wrong with any of the three.

Timben will only help if your truck squats under load. (it will reduce squat) They will never bring the truck back up to the correct ride height.

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1219 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post