Tools

Little bubbas
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bludog331:
Do any of you guys running the 3074's have issues when the track gets marginal? I just asked because of with lack weight back there with the small block set up. I'm running 33x16 Hoosiers with a 443 sbc running high 5.0's. I would consider trying a smaller tire and an M/T just to loose the burnout shake and some rotational weight if the 3074's are good even when the track gets greasy or cold.

You will love the 3074 tire. It hooks much better on marginal tracks than any of the Hoosier tires I have tried. It works better on hot tracks here in Texas and even those few times when it is cold. Also SOO MUCH smoother on the burn out. I ran the Hoosier 14.5Wx32 D05, the 13.5 D05 and the 14x32 C07. With the Hoosier tires they hook or blow away and no in between.
The MT tire was FASTER and more consistent and easier on the car. I have ran the 3074 on track temps over 150* where in same temps the Hoosiers literally pulled up rolls of rubber off the track and was "Greasy" feeling. Also have run the MT 3074 down around 50* temps and the Hoosiers were questionable on anything under 65*

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3980 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Most small blocks need 3074, or 3074S?

Posts: 31 | Location: arkansas | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 66belair:
Most small blocks need 3074, or 3074S?

I choose the 3074 because my car is right at 1800 Lbs. If your car weighed more then I would consider the stiff sidewall.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3980 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
I ran 14.5 32 w d05 compound tires for years and years from freezing to 100 degrees and they always worked great . Ran mt also and saw no difference in two .

Posts: 1234 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 68TSCAMARO:
I ran 14.5 32 w d05 compound tires for years and years from freezing to 100 degrees and they always worked great .

Right of course you did, just as my friends and competitors do and thousands of bracket racers every season.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Any bubba tire can perform with power...

Any tire can perform with overtire and underpowered...

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Was thinking about switching to little bubbas, I have heard from a few people that you should not balance them. Anyone here running them hear this.

Posts: 232 | Location: On the top of a bus! | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
I balance them...

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Why would anyone not balance a tire?

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinChicken:
Was thinking about switching to little bubbas, I have heard from a few people that you should not balance them. Anyone here running them hear this.

That makes no sense... You could have tires that don't require any weight but I would say that's the exception and not the rule. You may want to listen to other people... LOL

Posts: 2145 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
Have always balanced fronts and rears. Why would you not?

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
The 3074s and its big brother 3084s are the 2 best tires MT offer over any other tire they sell. This is the tire that started the revolution!

Posts: 62 | Location: home | Registered: February 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 00 DEAD ON
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rob7181:
Have always balanced fronts and rears. Why would you not?

And I also Always check roll-out (rear tires) at psi I run on the track. If there is a difference I stretch the smaller to match the larger.

Brian Mollison
2009 RaceTech Dragster
2020 Sumerduck Dragway VA Top ET Champion
2017 Sumerduck Top ET & SSS Track Champion
2017 MAC Top ET Track Champion
2009 Sumerduck Dragway Va Top ET & IHRA SSS Track Champion
2008 IHRA Division 1 Top ET Bracket Final Runner-up
2007 Colonial Beach Dragway Top ET Track Champion

Posts: 1026 | Location: Stafford, Virginia | Registered: October 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post