New
Find
Notify
Tools

Little bubbas
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
What tire is the little bubba? Also would they work good on 4 link small block dragster?

Posts: 31 | Location: arkansas | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
How "big" is your small block?

Posts: 197 | Location: VA | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Little Bubba's are a great tire to start with but the last thing you want to do with a small block car is to over tire it.

As previously stated, how much power does you combo have?

Posts: 1937 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
Little Bubba's are a great tire to start with but the last thing you want to do with a small block car is to over tire it.

As previously stated, how much power does you combo have?

Very true! I had a dragster with a little motor on it way back when and the car was much more consistent with smaller tires. Night and day difference between the 16 x 33 tires a lot of people ran back then and the 14.5 x 32 that my car liked.

Posts: 197 | Location: VA | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Nichols
posted Hide Post
So you have 16" wheels on a smallblock car? The "Bubbas" are designed for 16" wheels only.

3191W are the Little Bubbas used on a dragster.

Posts: 157 | Location: Charlestown, IN U.S.A | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
My small block car liked MT 3074 14x32. That being said if you have 16" beadlock wheels 10.5x33-16s is what I'd look into.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 346 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ActionRacingPhotos:
My small block car liked MT 3074 14x32. That being said if you have 16" beadlock wheels 10.5x33-16s is what I'd look into.

What size small block did you run and what kind of dragster? If you don't mind my asking

DRR Trophy
Picture of B-rad2416
posted Hide Post
Two options, 3190w and 3191w. 3190 is a stiff sidewall tire. Both are little bubbas

Posts: 12 | Location: Loxahatchee, Fl | Registered: October 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peabody Holdaway:
quote:

What size small block did you run and what kind of dragster? If you don't mind my asking

23deg 406 in a racetech hardtail going 8.20s.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 346 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Peabody Holdaway:
quote:

23deg 406 in a racetech hardtail going 8.20s.

Then I would run the MT 3074 that tire has worked well on my car.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Our products are not designed for ED, they are designed for COMPETITIVE RACERS"
A Narcissist with Small Man Syndrome and he thinks he is a Winner.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3152 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hard tail Spitzer running low 8.0x. I use a 3074 with a 388 sbc.

Posts: 185 | Location: Indy | Registered: January 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
SBC 4 link Racetech dragster, two different motors.
429sbc 15deg. mid-high 4.70s
406sbc 23deg. mid-high 5.0s
Both with 3074s M/T.

Posts: 473 | Location: here | Registered: February 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Without more info I would say the 3074's also

Posts: 1937 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone for the replies. We have a new shorty 4 link coming and not a lot of motor. Looks like the 3074s is gonna be it. Which is exactly what my very close friend has already state to me.

Posts: 31 | Location: arkansas | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I think on that car the 3074 (not the "S") might be the better choice. Heavier door car I would go with the "S" stiffer sidewall.

"Our products are not designed for ED, they are designed for COMPETITIVE RACERS"

Posts: 3152 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. Very excited about this new car

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
The 3074 tire is a 15 inch tire, the Little Bubba is a 16 and I think they recommended a 16 x 16 rim WITH beadlocks. Also I think the Little Bubba is a taller tire. Both are good tires but I think the 3074 may be a better choice for you.
And good luck with the new car.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of johnracer
posted Hide Post
Is it a Landshark?

Posts: 51 | Location: Rifle Colorado | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
It’s nelson shorty. Should be nice setup

DRR Trophy
Picture of Bludog331
posted Hide Post
Do any of you guys running the 3074's have issues when the track gets marginal? I just asked because of with lack weight back there with the small block set up. I'm running 33x16 Hoosiers with a 443 sbc running high 5.0's. I would consider trying a smaller tire and an M/T just to loose the burnout shake and some rotational weight if the 3074's are good even when the track gets greasy or cold.

Posts: 24 | Location: Cleveland, TN | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post