New
Find
Notify
Tools

MT Tires
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
What's the difference between the 3190W and the 3191W? X5 and X8 Compounds are listed as cooler versions of good compound for general use. I have a Racetech swingarm dragster,1940lbs, 598 BBC. Considering trying MT tires, have been using Hoosier BR1's. Thank you in advance
106 60
4.62@149
7.27@184

Posts: 170 | Location: nj | Registered: February 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
3191W is a much softer compound than 3190W.
I haven't ran both so I can't give you a comparison.

Posts: 15 | Location: Ohio | Registered: March 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
The 3191W is usually what MT will recommend for suspended dragsters. It's what I currently run, and they are simply amazing! I would suggest trying them first, then maybe see if you can find someone with the 3190W, and see what works best for you. I have also been told that the 3190W will work better on HOT track conditions, better than the 3191W due to the harder compound, typically down South.

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I've run M/T's going back to my old car years ago

Always ran the X-8 compound in the tires I ran

Have them on my car now

Tire works fine in any weather...and I always felt worked really good the hotter it got out....

Tires last forever.....I use the 3183's

Took a set off that were old and put new tires on and it made zero difference.....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
3190 is the best out of the two...IMO

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of C Hodge
posted Hide Post
I agree with whomp. M/T told me I needed the 3191 on my 4.40 dragster and the car didn’t like them. Put the 90s on and the car worked so much better plus the 91s only lasted 50 passes. Maybe I got a bad set but 90s get my vote

Posts: 235 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: December 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Rich how many runs have you put on 3183s?

Posts: 714 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Don Higgins Crew Chief Pro Software
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 183N:
Rich how many runs have you put on 3183s?

I am not sure about Rich, but I have two years on my 3183. Previous set had two years on them, replaced with new and car slowed down .02 because of the weight difference.

218 Runs currently...

Crew Chief Pro 7.980. It is not an evolution in Crew Chief Software, it is a Revolution in Crew Chief Software
Drag Racing Software and Professional Weather Stations(309) 688-2990

Visit us on the web at http://www.crewchiefpro.com

Are you a Producer or a Parasite?

Author of the book, "But Who Will Save The Children."

Posts: 1381 | Location: Bartonville Illinois | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have been a Hoosier guy,sense they started making them, but I switched to the 3190 and I hate to admit it,but it's a better tire than the br1s, I have a mono shock dragster, high 4.78 or 9 in the heat low 4.70 in good air, you gotta have bead locks.

Posts: 62 | Location: south carolina | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
The set of 3183’s I took off had over 200 runs and they had a lot of rubber left.

The new tires made zero difference.

Last week at Atco I had the first ever tire shake on a burnout with M/T’s !

It was very hot out and I am sure there was not enough water down and I pushed the burnout to long.

Normally I do a very short burnout in hot weather. Don’t even cross the starting line more than a few feet.

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post