DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Who's using the Hoosier BR-3's
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who's using the Hoosier BR-3's
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted
Hoosier has 2 BR-3's listed...
18760 and 18771
I have 16" rims....NON beadlocks….

No way I'm running little or big Bubba's on NON beadlock rims....but the Hoosiers are apparently OK without them...

The 18760 was recommended to me by Faron Lubbers

M/T 3183's were not getting the job done on a somewhat marginal and cool track and I am nowhere near a "fast dragster" wide open.....1.08 was my best short time but 60's were all over the place...

I'm wanting some new tires but am not buying until I hear some feedback on the BR-3's....

Lets not get into a battle of Hoosier vs M/T or even GoodYear......I've run them all.....

I'm just looking for some feedback by those running these BR-3's

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
but the debates are classic and fun, knowing full well that some some are truly pissed off that their favorite tire isn't everyone's favorite

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
arent rusty and jr baxter running that tire?

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
First I don't see much difference between them and the big bubba's! Second, Howie Smith ran the big bubba's on a non bead lock wheel with screws with no issues. May want to ping him.

Posts: 2149 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
I run a BR3 with a 114.5 chalk which equates to about 110 1/4 rollout. Have been since 2018 You wont find much feedback because guys don't have the courage to try them. Just keep referring to previous tires or issues. Here's 3 runs from around midnight the other night. I made a lot of changes on both cars throughout the weekend and both cars ranged from around 1.068 to 1.082, 65-85 degrees day and night.

time slips

Posts: 2109 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:

I believe they are running the C1500 and so is Danny Nelson I think. Seems to be a really good tire

Posts: 2422 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Looks like a great tire but very few using them so not much feedback.

My car has run 1.07's going 7.40's and low 4.70's in the past. Less cubes, Ron's Terminator...

Current engine is bigger, running a gas carb, but probably not much difference on the track. Don't really know yet...results were mixed from this past Sat Night.....

My 3183 M/T's have generally worked well but that's in S/C mode and the pair on the car has maybe 50-60 runs on them.....

Conditions were less than ideal for me that's for sure....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I really hate the cost of the beadlocks. I really like the piece of mind.
If I spent the money for the conversion, what does that tell ya?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6397 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Year 2, set #2 of the BR3's (18771)

60' range, by day, this year so far...

Day 1: 1.061-1.062 (4 runs)
Day 2: 1.062-1.062 (2 runs)
Day 3: 1.053-1.057 (2 runs)
Day 4: 1.079-1.087 (3 runs - day/night)
Day 5: 1.081, 1.081, 1.067 (day/night)
Day 6: 1.070-1.071 (2 runs)

Can't say I've had a more consistent car than I have right now. Not to say it wouldn't be just as good with MT's, but I'm pretty happy.

I will say that I think I slowed up a bit from the BR1's to BR3's...

Posts: 59 | Location: D3 | Registered: May 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Champion used to do conversions...

There are others that do them but I'd just buy a new set if I was going that route. That's Not gonna happen though.

My wheels are old and ugly....centers were powder coated and I've pulled them out and repainted them once but their a mess....

If I had bead locks I'd probably try the little Bubba's.....

Bottom line is track conditions were iffy and where I was staged maybe got me.....

I was late on the tree and probably toast anyway...No way I was buying back in for more abuse ! LOL

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sc3171:
Year 2, set #2 of the BR3's (18771)

60' range, by day, this year so far...

Day 1: 1.061-1.062 (4 runs)
Day 2: 1.062-1.062 (2 runs)
Day 3: 1.053-1.057 (2 runs)
Day 4: 1.079-1.087 (3 runs - day/night)
Day 5: 1.081, 1.081, 1.067 (day/night)
Day 6: 1.070-1.071 (2 runs)

Can't say I've had a more consistent car than I have right now. Not to say it wouldn't be just as good with MT's, but I'm pretty happy.

I will say that I think I slowed up a bit from the BR1's to BR3's...

Thanks....Do you know what the difference is from the 18760 to the 18771 ?

Its tough to tell from the size specs listed for those 2 tires.......

Do you have Beadlocks ?

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have beadlocks.

The 18771 is 34x15 and the 18760 is 35x14. Bruce @ Hoosier recommended the shorter one for my application.

Posts: 59 | Location: D3 | Registered: May 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sc3171:
I have beadlocks.

The 18771 is 34x15 and the 18760 is 35x14. Bruce @ Hoosier recommended the shorter one for my application.

Thanks again....

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
BFG All Terrains for the win!!

Couldn't help myself.........

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:

no c 1500.i did try it on my car but it shook way out and i removed them

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1408 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
correct

quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:

I believe they are running the C1500 and so is Danny Nelson I think. Seems to be a really good tire

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1515 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
My friend just put BR3 on his 1650 hp blown dragster. He wasn't sure on tire pressure and only got one pass last weekend because of rain and rattled the tires HARD.This is a brand new car so there are some tweaks needed.

How much air pressure are you guys running on the BR3's?

Posts: 633 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Hoosier says the faster the car the lower the pressure.

About 4.5lbs as a starting point and they like low air pressure....

A blown car with 1650 hp is probably not gonna just go right down broadway...LOL

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:
Hoosier says the faster the car the lower the pressure.

About 4.5lbs as a starting point and they like low air pressure....

A blown car with 1650 hp is probably not gonna just go right down broadway...LOL

Seems like some will start about as low as they recommend and live with wheel speed while they inch up on the tire pressure and thus traction. My problem with the regular Hoosiers as I tried to go faster was that they are so sticky that I couldn't get enough wheel speed to not shake them.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6397 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Rich, why the interest in the BR3? Why not use one of several proven Hoosier 16 & 17" on SC cars?

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post