DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Trailer lights for open trailer
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trailer lights for open trailer
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted
My open trailer uses the standard cheap plastic lights that have 2 studs on the back and they bolt on to a bracket. Last set was a kit of LEDs that were cheap and didn't have a lot of LEDs in them. Little by little they had fewer and fewer until now one is out altogether.
Anyone have any suggestions on replacements? Or should I just but a new set every couple of years?

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Do you have a Tractor Supply? They have stuff like that.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
Superbrightleds has cheap ones and good ones. Buy once, cry once.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I've bought quite a bit of stuff from etrailer.

https://www.etrailer.com/Trail...tronics/TLL28RK.html

They have lots of pictures and videos so you can figure out what you need and see what you are getting if you can't purchase in person.

If you have a Northern Tool or Tractor Supply they have a bunch of this type of stuff in stock as well.

Jason G.

'71 Chevelle
3370 lbs w/ SBC
5.93 @ 116.7 MPH - N/A

Posts: 343 | Location: North Texas | Registered: January 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted Hide Post
Last LEDs for the open trailer I bought were cheap China ones at Wallymart. They still work after 4+ years. Not sure if it makes any difference but I ran a separate ground connection to a bolt welded to the frame. The ones I bought for my 20 year enclosed were from eTrailer.com. They've been on for a couple of years so far.

Save on Fuel - GetUpside - https://upside.app.link/jE7eqmHc2z

Posts: 1135 | Location: The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?” ~~ Captain Jack Sparrow ~~ | Registered: August 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I buy cheap and keep spares. Seems like every time I loan a trailer they come back broken. Install flat connectors to speed up replacement.

Posts: 519 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Eman thanks for starting this and forgive me for hijacking it a little. I have a Featherlite open trailer with LED lights and about every 60 seconds they blink without the lights on. Any suggestions as to why.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all of the replies. It looks like no matter what the best fix is buy the cheapo LEDs and plan on replacing in a couple of years.
Fern there has to be something feeding into the lights to make them blink. Does it do it all of the time? Do both lights do it? If both it's feeding through the TL power or feeding both through the brake light circuit.

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Any time it is hooked up to the motor home. I will hook it to the duelly and see if it does it there also.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post