DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Best Load Range G 16"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best Load Range G 16"
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted
I know everyone has seen the recent Trailer tire thread. Just wanted to ask what is everyone using for Load Range G 16" tires?

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Goodyear..

Posts: 1251 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Carlisle CSL 16 high speed trailer tire for a season now. No issues. It is manufactured in their plant in China.

Posts: 146 | Location: Left of Center | Registered: February 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lincoln:
Carlisle CSL 16 high speed trailer tire for a season now. No issues. It is manufactured in their plant in China.

It's been quite a while, but Carlisle used to be one of the worst trailer tires. Everyone I knew blew them out. Maybe better now though.

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Nitzsche:
quote:
Originally posted by Lincoln:

It's been quite a while, but Carlisle used to be one of the worst trailer tires. Everyone I knew blew them out. Maybe better now though.

Agreed. Not sure when this design was introduced. They're built with all steel cords etc. It's a heavy (60 pounds) tire rated to 81 MPH. The Westlake that comes on most RV trailers is the one that will eat itself up at any moment now.

Posts: 146 | Location: Left of Center | Registered: February 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Carlisle tires are the worse, the cheapest always have been still are.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Sailun / Longmarch great trailer steel tires. Keep in mind you need the rims above 80 PSI and steel valve stems.
We just bought 12 235/80 and 235/85 from East Bay Tire out here. Great prices.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BP758,

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4470 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BP758:
Sailun / Longmarch great trailer steel tires. Keep in mind you need the rims above 80 PSI and steel valve stems.

My rims are Alcoas rated at 110 lbs.

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
3rd year in august at 75 is when you find out how good your tire is

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rusty,

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1391 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rob7181:
quote:

My rims are Alcoas rated at 110 lbs.

Perfect!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4470 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusty:
3rd year in august at 75 is when you find out how good your tire is

On the side of an interstate at 2AM!

Rob Robertson

DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
quote:

Are you running the Sailun's now or did you just get them?

Rob Robertson

DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
I saw a friend of mine show up in Memphis years ago with a new trailer. It was a nice 48'ish Gooseneck. half of the sides were torn off of it. It had Carlilse tires on it. I have had pretty good luck with the Longmarch 14 ply tires. I know they are China made but you can tell by looking at them the rubber is real rubber. I guess we'll see if they make it four seasons and 24,000 to 29,000 miles.

Regan Wilson Super Street 469C

Posts: 295 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Buck2248
posted Hide Post
Goodyear 614 I think is the tire number, its 614 or 641 but that is the best tires I have ran on my trailers.

Mike Buchwald

Posts: 538 | Location: Caledonia, Mississippi | Registered: January 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DANGERBOY
posted Hide Post
Goodyear

Posts: 86 | Location: cincinnati | Registered: November 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
I also added a TST tire monitor system to my rig and can read each tire temp and pressure with warning alarms if the pressure goes below a set level.

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
Mike, I have a Tire Minder system that measures pressure and temp and will give me alarms on both.

Rob Robertson

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rob7181:
quote:

Are you running the Sailun's now or did you just get them?

For the last two years yes. My trailer, Jeffs Stacker, sons 48 car Transport, his 4 Horse living Q as well as many friends trailers. The company I deal with has their own brand made there also.

Raceless in California!