DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Team Woodfin Camaro, "Lamplighter"
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Team Woodfin Camaro, "Lamplighter"
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Yes, you are correct, 45 pounds for the factory seat. It sure is comfortable and of course, fits perfect.

I do have a lightweight aluminum seat that weighs 15 pounds including the mounting brackets and it is a super size for big boys. I will experiment with the lightweight seat and my race with it.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1828 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Rocket,

the floor is acrylic enamel with hardener.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1828 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
shiny and clean sealed beams

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
a check of the estimated front suspension stance when completed

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Even with the experience of many builds I never took the time to equip a chassis with casters until the lamplighter project. it was time well spent because they are very handy. Move from shop bay to shop bay, in and out of the trailer, a piece of cake. The rear wheels are fixed and the front swivel and in hindsight, all four swiveling would be even better. The casters are positioned where they do not interfere with the lift arms and, as you can see with the front tire position, all suspension can be mocked up to ride height without the tires touching the ground. That is a great plus with old rear tires that do not hold air.

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Lamplighter casters

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
To help explain the meaning of "Lamplighter" It has a number of meanings, both literal and personal. In this photo, consider the Father the "Lamplighter, the coach, the counselor, the encouragement, and the Son the recipient of the illumination.

Larry Woodfin

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
That's Cool ....

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of victo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Woodfin:
I am serious about weight savings

Hahaha .... where's the belts

Laughing Hard
need those in the Shopping cart Nick- Great build Larry looking forward to watching this car unfold

2012 West Coast Pro Gas E/Gas Champion

Posts: 523 | Location: Novato | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Love the build, and the pic of the meaning!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Larry, you make it look easy...very cool build and meaning!

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Some updates are coming soon as the Lamplighter comes out of temporary storage. Wiring and a few minor trim/details will begin soon.

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The Lamplighter project is taking a different path than I first expected. After a time of pondering and planning, I have decided to build it as a footbrake package. in addition, I have decided to change the focus to one of "lowest cost possible, within reason, a return to basics" Thus, no delay box, no trans brake, no throttle controls, no dial display, manual shift, bare-bones equipment. The new planned performance is 6.40's by employing as many parts I have on hand or can source easily.

More post soon

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
This is an example of a cost-cutting option that does not sacrifice quality or function. By employing this relay board, you can custom build a switch panel of common toggle switches that are easily available. More pics when the panel is ready.

Larry Woodfin

DRR S/Pro
Picture of banjo
posted Hide Post
If that is one of those nitrous dave boards, it is quality stuff, have the original board in my car since 2008 and never had an issue.

Bill Simpkins
74 Nova
SBC 406
3240 pounds
Speierracing heads

60 1.27 (10/16)
1/8 6.03@111 (10/16)
Best 9.87@131 on the rev limitor 1 Feb 2013

nova

quarterpanelview

wheelie

FTI Converter
www.speierracingheads.com

Posts: 1829 | Location: San Angelo | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of regal
posted Hide Post
I’ve ran the nitrous Dave board for 10 seasons with zero issues, very good product.

Chris Walters

Posts: 120 | Location: New Whiteland,Indiana | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
The new planned performance is 6.40's

That's is what several buddies are doing Larry. The setup will save you money in certs and other association hassles for tech reason. When physicals were such an issue the 6.40 e.t. break solved that problem for me. But I would consider a transbreak option just incase you ever want to plug in a box to run multiple classes or one of the heads up index events. See at the track, the season is almost here.

Posts: 397 | Location: Plano, TX | Registered: May 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I am setting up Lamplighter to go both ways.

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
simple and basic are completely OK. This switch panel has been on the shelf for many years just waiting for the correct home.

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The next time you need to install a steering wheel disconnect, consider this Chris Alston design. I have installed several of these and really like them. They are tight fitting [almost no radial play] and due to the triangle shape will only slip on in one position. You will notice an "up arrow" on the tubing stub.

Larry Woodfin