DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Team Woodfin Camaro, "Lamplighter"
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Team Woodfin Camaro, "Lamplighter"
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
about the steering wheel quick disconnect, the Alston "three-sided design" is a good piece. No slack, easy to index, will only fit one way.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1832 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
"Power Rope"
This power rope is cut from championship stock and is intended to ride with you. The stock it came from was proven powerful and worthy through many generations. Carry it with respect.

Sections from the same lineage are available upon request.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1832 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
NEEDED: power window regulator for the drivers door

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Monte Pannell, builder/owner of Little Chief, begins his magic with the Lamplighter wheel tubs.

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Pannell built wheel tube tool

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The body to frame relationship is very close to symmetrical. On the average only 3/16" difference side to side

Larry Woodfin

DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
Looking good Finn

Regan Wilson Super Street 469C

Posts: 297 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
What a nice build. Very nice.

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The colors are yellow and blue, similar to a Sunoco decal

Larry Woodfin

DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
Very nice, Larry.

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1037 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
We are into the days of wheel tubs and other sheet metal pieces. The next few weeks with bring a good showing of progress

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Above is the passenger side from inside the car.

Larry Woodfin

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
When are you estimating you will be ready? Looks great. Nice clean purpose built race car. Love it.

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
BG, early spring 2021

Larry Woodfin

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have enjoyed following your build. BTW, thanks for the pm on the brakes. My new (to me) S10 build is following your build to a lesser degree. After many years of running RED's, A/ED, T/D and S/C with an AA/A thrown in for fun it came time to scale back. The S10 is a bracket, S/ST project with an eye on economy as I'm a retired old ****. Good luck and enjoy.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Mal, I am 73 and still pushing.

And about the Super 10. When I documented that build up I never dreamed it would be such an inspiration. The write up has given birth to several successful projects. The S-10 is natural in ref to good weight transfer.

Troy Morgan [who I sold it to] has Brian Hughes driving it just now. Troy sent a pic with four checks propped up againstit for last weekend.

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Lamplighter

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
wheel tub

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
front view

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
fuel cell

Larry Woodfin