DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Team Woodfin Camaro, "Lamplighter"
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Team Woodfin Camaro, "Lamplighter"
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Lamplighter progress, it will be in the bay shortly

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1827 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Materials for lighting lamps

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1827 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
tools for lampligting

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
In it's home

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
nested

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
progress

Larry Woodfin

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Does the extra cooling lines help cool the engine better , I have a 4.185 bore 427 with ported dart 230s that gets hot real quick and takes forever to cool down when I have it on gas.

Posts: 337 | Location: up on the wheel | Registered: March 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The water plumbing is per Brodix recommendation and is like sprint cars are equipped. An extra line puts water in the outside center of the head and allows water to exit at three places on top.

This will be Methanol so cooling will be easy, in addition, it will have a small radiator.

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Woodfin:
An extra line puts water in the outside center of the head and allows water to exit at three places on top.

Larry, the cylinder head outside center 6an water inlet did Not come drilled and tapped from Brodix, correct ??

Posts: 2433 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Mark, you are correct. I did that.

Larry Woodfin

DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
Looks nice Larry

Regan Wilson Super Street 469C

Posts: 295 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
283 or 327 Laughing Hard Rumor is you busted the glass in the dyno room at 11.500 rpm Shake head

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Foot, 272 HP from a 57 with power pack heads.

The dyno room story is exaggerated, it only cracked one gauge lens.

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
clapping

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Have to share a small town story, somewhat relative, from long ago. A rich kid, or at least what was rich to us, had a new '65 Chevelle, 327, 350 hp and the money to have it modified. This was back in the day of flat tappets and "red line 7000" mind you. I saw Mr. Show-off take out of a filling station one day and as the rpm climbed you could hear the engine power lay-over (and I know he had to be able to feel it) but he kept his foot in it until the tach hit 7000 (valve float and all) before he shifted. I'm not sure if he cracked the glass on any of his gauges or not. Wink

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2323 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
a 327/350 [when properly setup] was a bad to the bone motor scooter Smile

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
In those same olden days, I had a 66 Chevy ll, 327/350.

At full song, with each gear change, it sounded like the dash was going to jump out on the floor.

It was a lightweight, running little buddy and would show tail lights to most anything on the street.

Larry Woodfin

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Funny how things intertwine. The same guy that set up the '65 Chevelle (which was done right, just not capable of what Mr. Ego was asking) had a '66 Chevy II, 327, 350 that ran A/Stock if I remember correctly, in the '66 Indy nationals. Wasn't there but they went out early I was told. It had the largest diameter headers I had ever seen!!!

Also had a buddy that had a '64 corvette 327, 365 hp (think I'm right on the hp, it was 360 or 365, it was the fulie engine with the holly carb) w/factory 456 gears that made some mopar 383 guys look like fools!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2323 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NC3x58:
quote:
Originally posted by CURTIS REED:
Hey Larry, check out this steering wheel connector. Would be even better than the one we are using. Of course it's 3 time the cost.

You don't have to pull anything to put it on. It pops on and is tapered so there isn't any slop when it is on.

https://momo.com/en-us/product...el-quick-disconnect/

I saw this yesterday on Tim McAmis YouTube channel.. Have you seen a smaller version anywhere by chance for dragsters? That would be neat to put in my car! Have a Grant and the typical MW splined quick release now..

I was reading back through this thread and clicked on the link that Curtis posted. Seems that it is no longer offered and has been recalled.

Mikey

Posts: 1706 | Location: In a Marriott near you! | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
about that 327/350 Chevy ll, at the gear change, the radio would change stations Smile

Larry Woodfin