DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Team Woodfin Camaro, "Lamplighter"
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Team Woodfin Camaro, "Lamplighter"
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I like your dome light. I use a trailer marker light like this that has a yellow lenses. I leave it ON when racing at night and it doesn’t interfere with seeing the tree. I also tied this light output to my Dial IN board and this places the board in the Night Mode dimming it.

Posts: 2434 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
yes, just one of those simple things that is handy at times.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1827 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
engine progress

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1827 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
engine

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
progress

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
headers

Larry Woodfin

DRR Trophy
Picture of Jim Cornett
posted Hide Post
Brother Larry, I love following your builds. I just wish I lived a little closer! Lol.

winners practice til they get it right........
champions practice til they can't get it wrong.

Posts: 181 | Location: Jefferson, Texas, U.S.A. | Registered: December 02, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
After a time of soul searching and pondering, I have decided to sell all my drag race equipment. This Camaro is very nice, in good condition, lots of good work is completed. It needs sheet metal work, wheel tubs, and other minor work to be completed. More details and photos as requested. I have the doors and deck lid, that are also painted white

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Lamplighter

Larry Woodfin

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that! Good luck sir!!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5296 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Sold, more details later

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Update, The Lamplighter did not sell. I am back on track [so to speak] and will finish the project.

Larry Woodfin

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I know you had reasons to want to sell. I am glad to read you did not and plan to finish the car and race again. I hate to see anyone hang it up. Really enjoy you build threads.

Posts: 485 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
We can take that as good news Larry!

Posts: 1749 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
A Lamplighter update:

After a time of pondering [these days enhance pondering], I find myself thinking more and more about what is important. In addition, I personally think we are in big trouble with the economy and that it will be some time before we recover. So, sparing y'all all my personal thoughts, the lamplighter project has a new direction.

This will be the most basic, least expensive project I have done in many years. It will be a bare-bones foot brake, no electronic package, and most likely transported on a lightweight open trailer.

More updates soon.

Larry Woodfin

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Larry I thought you sold the Camaro

Posts: 2399 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Steve, I considered doing so and thought it was a done deal but it did not work out. In hindsight, I am glad I still have it. It is a very well done piece and will be a good racer

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
Congrats and glad to see the project is back on track (so to speak). Footbrake in a third gen is all I did for the first 14 years of the 23 years I have owned the one in my avatar! Can’t wait to see your updates.

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Jim Cornett
posted Hide Post
Bare bones has been good to me over the years.

winners practice til they get it right........
champions practice til they can't get it wrong.

Posts: 181 | Location: Jefferson, Texas, U.S.A. | Registered: December 02, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Good news Larry. I am finishing a "similar project". It is an early S10, S&W rear clip and cage. Got a low-dollar 406 with Rupert carb, 'glide and big tires.
Want to try it in No Box and Box so we can race twice and tow with the open trailer just once. Keep us posted, hope it goes well for you!!
Jok

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1216 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post