Bracket Talk
Team Woodfin Camaro, "Lamplighter"

This topic can be found at:
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/80760912/m/9447054286

January 04, 2020, 07:34 PM
markemark
Team Woodfin Camaro, "Lamplighter"
I like your dome light. I use a trailer marker light like this that has a yellow lenses. I leave it ON when racing at night and it doesn’t interfere with seeing the tree. I also tied this light output to my Dial IN board and this places the board in the Night Mode dimming it.

January 04, 2020, 08:38 PM
Larry Woodfin
yes, just one of those simple things that is handy at times.

Larry Woodfin

February 02, 2020, 05:10 PM
Larry Woodfin
engine progress

Larry Woodfin

February 02, 2020, 05:11 PM
Larry Woodfin
engine

Larry Woodfin

February 02, 2020, 05:12 PM
Larry Woodfin
progress

Larry Woodfin

February 02, 2020, 05:13 PM
Larry Woodfin
headers

Larry Woodfin

February 03, 2020, 01:26 PM
Jim Cornett
Brother Larry, I love following your builds. I just wish I lived a little closer! Lol.

winners practice til they get it right........
champions practice til they can't get it wrong.
March 22, 2020, 03:44 PM
Larry Woodfin
After a time of soul searching and pondering, I have decided to sell all my drag race equipment. This Camaro is very nice, in good condition, lots of good work is completed. It needs sheet metal work, wheel tubs, and other minor work to be completed. More details and photos as requested. I have the doors and deck lid, that are also painted white

Larry Woodfin

March 22, 2020, 03:45 PM
Larry Woodfin
Lamplighter

Larry Woodfin

March 22, 2020, 09:42 PM
Cashflow
Sorry to hear that! Good luck sir!!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......
March 23, 2020, 07:25 PM
Larry Woodfin
Sold, more details later

Larry Woodfin

April 04, 2020, 06:07 PM
Larry Woodfin
Update, The Lamplighter did not sell. I am back on track [so to speak] and will finish the project.

Larry Woodfin

April 04, 2020, 07:03 PM
Wooley
I know you had reasons to want to sell. I am glad to read you did not and plan to finish the car and race again. I hate to see anyone hang it up. Really enjoy you build threads.
April 04, 2020, 10:14 PM
TORQIN
We can take that as good news Larry!
April 27, 2020, 02:06 PM
Larry Woodfin
A Lamplighter update:

After a time of pondering [these days enhance pondering], I find myself thinking more and more about what is important. In addition, I personally think we are in big trouble with the economy and that it will be some time before we recover. So, sparing y'all all my personal thoughts, the lamplighter project has a new direction.

This will be the most basic, least expensive project I have done in many years. It will be a bare-bones foot brake, no electronic package, and most likely transported on a lightweight open trailer.

More updates soon.

Larry Woodfin

April 27, 2020, 02:41 PM
Big Steve
Larry I thought you sold the Camaro
April 27, 2020, 03:08 PM
Larry Woodfin
Steve, I considered doing so and thought it was a done deal but it did not work out. In hindsight, I am glad I still have it. It is a very well done piece and will be a good racer

Larry Woodfin

April 27, 2020, 08:06 PM
Rob7181
Congrats and glad to see the project is back on track (so to speak). Footbrake in a third gen is all I did for the first 14 years of the 23 years I have owned the one in my avatar! Can’t wait to see your updates.

Rob Robertson
April 28, 2020, 10:38 AM
Jim Cornett
Bare bones has been good to me over the years.

winners practice til they get it right........
champions practice til they can't get it wrong.
April 29, 2020, 11:00 AM
Toad1
Good news Larry. I am finishing a "similar project". It is an early S10, S&W rear clip and cage. Got a low-dollar 406 with Rupert carb, 'glide and big tires.
Want to try it in No Box and Box so we can race twice and tow with the open trailer just once. Keep us posted, hope it goes well for you!!
Jok

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.