DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Team Woodfin Camaro, "Lamplighter"
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Team Woodfin Camaro, "Lamplighter"
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I didn't support my fascia and had no problems in the 1/8th at 100mph. We sprayed the car with single stage urethane and used Bulldog on the bumpers. This year we bent up a hoop and attached it in the cut off frt. frame rails and it's tight to the bumper. Put a loop hook on it through the grille just in case it needs to be towed off of the track.

Posts: 1459 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The rear fascia will also have supporting tabs because of bumper removal

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1832 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Saturday progress

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1832 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
work day progress

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
dash

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
progress

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
rear section

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
fenders and front fascia set on for a fit check. No bolts yet, some detailing to do first

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Did you modify the K member? If so was it in the car or out when you cut it? Any chance of a couple of pics of it?

Posts: 1459 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Eman, it is an Ed Quay K member, it came with the Camaro when I bought it. It is a very good looking piece. A photo is posted 2 - 3 views above

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I believe if you send your stock 3rd Gen K member to Quay they still do the same as what you see in LampLighter. VERY nice!

As Larry posted in an Earlier Thread this car is an Ed Quay component car.

For those that do not know who Ed Quay was, he was Grumpys chassis man.

Posts: 2458 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
For those that do not know who Ed Quay was, he was Grumpys chassis man.

Count me in as one who didn't know. I'm curious if he was involved with the first Vega(s)? As best I recall Jenkins utilized an outside chassis shop early on?

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The Grumpy book about his Vega pro stocker and SBC build you will see a picture of the short upper bar four-link like Quay did on the 3rd gen builds.

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted December 21, 2018 02:16 AM Hide Post
The Grumpy book about his Vega pro stocker and SBC build you will see a picture of the short upper bar four-link like Quay did on the 3rd gen builds.

Larry Woodfin

larry you are up way to early

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1410 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eman:
Did you modify the K member? If so was it in the car or out when you cut it? Any chance of a couple of pics of it?

As Larry stated, that is from Ed Quay. They can take your stock K-Member and modify it for you.

I have a friend with one for sale, or he used to have one. Anyway, it is NHRA Super Stock legal. Otherwise I prefer to use the tubular front end stuff and rack and pinion like I put in both of my 3rd Gens, but that stuff is NOT legal for NHRA Stock or Super Stock.

Larry: Are those forward bars welded to the top of the upper strut area? I did forward bars in my car, but they go from the cage through the firewall to the backside of the strut tower, then from the front side of the strut tower down to the stock frame rail.

I didn't need them for the ET/Speed I run, but I wanted them for safety, plus the DS one is used to mount my Star seperator tank.

I used some crazy think stuff from the cage to the tower, 1.75 tubing, .125 wall. Since it was a straight piece I figured overkill wouldn't hurt there. Smile

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Are those forward bars welded to the top of the upper strut area

yes

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I am serious about weight savings

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
lol

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1410 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Woodfin:

Hahaha .... where's the belts

Laughing Hard

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Woodfin:

Larry, Does that drivers seat in the pic weigh about 45 # ?

Posts: 2458 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post