New
Find
Notify
Tools

E85 compression
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
What is the maximum compression for sbc on E85? Can a person run 14 to 1?

Posts: 11 | Location: arkansas | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Yep , depending on the tune . Call Mark Sullens let him talk you thru it

Posts: 24 | Location: Athens Al | Registered: September 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of jmarkaudio
posted Hide Post
14 to 1 is no problem. I've run it in my 15.5 to 1 SB2.2.

Mark Whitener
RFD Heads
FTI Converter
Fab Shop Headers
Home built 2 circuit Dominator :-)
http://racingfuelsystems.myfunforum.org/index.php

Good work isn't cheap and cheap work can't be good.

Posts: 1063 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of MadMax4040
posted Hide Post
Yea no problem. I did it for multiple years at 14:1 in my sbc.

4x Divison 4 Champion

IM Race Fuels (Sunoco)
Mothers Polish and Waxes
Max Cackle Photos
Mickey Thompson Tires
Mr. Wendell's Motorsports
Champion Racing Oils

Posts: 47 | Location: Frisco, Tx | Registered: February 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of novaX522
posted Hide Post
I would get a tester and make sure you are getting e85, I ran into a lot of stations that sold e70 year round.

Rob Livingston

Posts: 169 | Location: Waterloo, Iowa | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have bought it every time of the year here in Arkansas and never got anything less than 83. That could have been operator error. It usually real close.

Posts: 11 | Location: arkansas | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
What station in arkansas are you buying it and what town? Where we lived it was .70 every time I checked it so I just bought renegade. I’d like to know where you bought it I may take a road trip.

Posts: 150 | Location: arkansas | Registered: September 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Last I bought was in Conway. It was perfect E85. Before that it was in ozark, but I think they closed the e85 pump