DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Grid yellow wire shifting ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Grid yellow wire shifting ?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
On the grid shift light page. What do I put in the shift light low and shift light high box. I have turned on the test and it fires solenoid when applying power. So on the gear box at bottom I have my rpm set that I want to shift. Havnt tested it yet but will tonight to see if it works. I currently have car strapped down in trailer is why I havnt tested that feature yet. I was just wondering about the shift light low and high boxes. I put 0 in both of them but unsure any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks.

Jeff McClure

Posts: 240 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sr4440
posted Hide Post
I am pretty sure those are used to target a launch rpm, the light turns on when it sees the "low limit" and starts to blink when you go pass the "high limit". If you are using the shift light to trigger a relay, then both low and high should be set to "0".

Joe

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sr4440,

Without data, you’re just another guy with an opinion.

Posts: 1297 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks Joe. Then I should have it right. I appreciate the reply.

Jeff McClure

Posts: 240 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
You want the Launch Light Low/High both set to a value "greater than" the Maximum REV Limit. 15000 would be a good choice for both.

Posts: 2450 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks. It didn’t shift set at 2000 and shift light low and high on 0.

Jeff McClure