DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Sheet metal fab rear vs Strange aluminum modular
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sheet metal fab rear vs Strange aluminum modular
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of diceman1530
posted
Dragster
Sheet metal fab rear vs Strange aluminum modular
Anyone weigh both?
What is the weight difference?
Thanks

Working for the Weekend!!!!
Fordyce Motorsports

Posts: 253 | Location: Williamstown, NJ | Registered: November 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
only a wag but my feeble memory says fab is lighter

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1411 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have had both, not sure about the weight difference, I prefer the fab housing. The Strange housing had issues with the caliper plate bracket bolts coming loose on one side from when it was new.

Posts: 170 | Location: nj | Registered: February 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
The sheet metal housing is easier to keep clean too. If you're worried about weight, there is always titanium!!!

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 628 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I powder coated my modular

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 369dragster
posted Hide Post
Ray I talked to someone that weighs everything and the fabbed housing with powder coat is 50lbs. I went on Strange's website and there isn't a weight listed for the modular housing.

Ken

Posts: 319 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of diceman1530
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BD104X:
The sheet metal housing is easier to keep clean too. If you're worried about weight, there is always titanium!!!

I wish!!

Thanks Guys!!

Working for the Weekend!!!!
Fordyce Motorsports

Posts: 253 | Location: Williamstown, NJ | Registered: November 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BD104X:

Yep Frank Parks sells titanium fab housing only 8500 bucks,but you save weight.LMAO

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post