DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Valve spring compressers
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Valve spring compressers
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have used the lsm one that is intended for doing the springs on the motor both on and off the motor with success. If Im doing them off the motor I just let the tool open the valve slightly then give it a little tap with a dead blow to release the keepers.

B.J. Masiello

Posts: 250 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: November 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Changing springs right now on the engine, this Moroso works but it’s a pain in the butt. Might have to order something else for next time.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I have the LSM on head ones for my stuff, best setup I've ever used. Getting the LSM one for heads off now. I've been using a ProForm and it works, but is a little awkward and starting to bend in the middle of the frame. The LSM is expensive, but one damned nice tool. Definitely worth the investment

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Wife asked what I want for Christmas. LSM tool was first on the list.

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
Just pulled two springs off my engine today with the LSM tool, makes it sooooo damn easy!

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have the LSM for one set of heads. But I just got the Buxton for my new engine. I like the Buxton better because the adapters are are cheaper to buy for different heads. I bought the valve spring tester that goes on the tool. It is all a very high quality piece.

Posts: 61 | Location: Long Island | Registered: February 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
A friend recommended the Buxton but man, they are sure proud of it.