Find
Notify
Tools

Grid issue
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of C Hodge
posted
Anyone had an issue with the data acquisition ? Mine will only record .05 sec of a run. Ive checked all settings and called MSD and went through the setting with them and still nothing. It worked fine when I first put it on the car. I have the SD card set to overwrite when SD is full. I haven’t tried a new card yet. Anyone run into this issue ?

Posts: 235 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: December 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Mine is also set to overwrite, but it seems after it gets enough runs I have to keep deleting the old ones in order to get new runs to record. An MSD guy at PRI told me to try this and it has worked so far. IDK why it wont just overwrite tho??

Posts: 102 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 19, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of C Hodge
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I’ll try deleting a few and see if that works

Posts: 235 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: December 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Try a new card. I know of similar instance and it was fixed with a new card.

Posts: 30 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: August 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of excessive braker
posted Hide Post
I had the same issue and assumed that I had it set on "overwrite" that it would delete the oldest file and let the new record. Went in and deleted and bunch of runs and started to work as it normally would. Thought about getting a bigger SD card but when I get to around 100 stored runs I go in and delete 3/4 of them.

Posts: 71 | Location: Sliding at the cones | Registered: May 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of C Hodge
posted Hide Post
Can you just plug in and delete them or do You have to pull the card and install in a reader into the computer to delete them ?

DRR Pro
Picture of Don Higgins Crew Chief Pro Software
posted Hide Post
Disk is full. You must delete the stored files.

When you plug in the SD card it becomes another disk drive.

Copy these files to another drive if you have not already downloaded. Then You can delete them.

Some SD cards have a "switch" that you have to slide in order to prevent it from being 'read only' which means that files cannot be deleted. If you try to delete the files but it won't let you, then find it and slide it the other way.

Crew Chief Pro 7.980. It is not an evolution in Crew Chief Software, it is a Revolution in Crew Chief Software
Drag Racing Software and Professional Weather Stations(309) 688-2990

Visit us on the web at http://www.crewchiefpro.com

Are you a Producer or a Parasite?

Author of the book, "But Who Will Save The Children."

Posts: 1381 | Location: Bartonville Illinois | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of C Hodge
posted Hide Post
Thanks Don

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hit f7 or go to data and download new files.

You can transfer and delete old files at same time thru the usb. No need to pull out the card.

Posts: 1441 | Location: St Marys | Registered: January 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of C Hodge
posted Hide Post
Deleting the old files worked and now it’s recording again. Why even have the overwrite feature If it doesn’t work. MSD has good products but the small things they need to fix or just not put them in

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by C Hodge:
Deleting the old files worked and now it’s recording again. Why even have the overwrite feature If it doesn’t work. MSD has good products but the small things they need to fix or just not put them in

You can also select Stop Recording in the If SD Card Full menu.

I always suggest to users that if you are not going to Maintain the Data Acquisition feature to Select OFF in the Data Acquisition Status menu. This way if you need to use it you can turn it back ON and you’re ready to record.

Posts: 2459 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post