tranny button
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted
ok guys what is the favorite

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1415 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
When I was getting prepared for 370 Pro Tree 6.50 index I tested all of em.

This is the quickest I found.

ART has em.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
mike did you try the one biondo sells

1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1415 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusty:
mike did you try the one biondo sells

I tried a couple micro's and the B&M red mushroom I Super Pro bracket raced.

The ART was substantially quicker than all, micro is slow.

If a Biondo is quicker than a ART, that's a bad dude.

Mash em together, pull em apart test.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Only reason I got this was because ART said they sell no China made anything.

We actually bought this for a dragster I was working on and the dude gave it to me. Kinda pricey, I think they're $75.00 - $80.00 bucks 5-6 years ago.

It's fast I'll tell ya that.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
I put in a Biondo double 0 button when I built the car brand new. I have tried others including the mushroom button over the years and always go back to it.
https://www.biondoracing.com/product/TBB-DO.html

Posts: 2431 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
I put in a Biondo double 0 button when I built the car brand new. I have tried others including the mushroom button over the years and always go back to it.
https://www.biondoracing.com/product/TBB-DO.html

I have that one as well. Works good for me...I can easily go red with it on a pro tree.....

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1468 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
thanks for resposes guys,time for a change,im sure the problem is not me

1.036, 6.16@ 224

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I like this style button. I run true .500 pro tree no electronics classes as well as super pro with a box.
I feel it's consistent since I can string good RTs (.000-.015) on a pro tree when my head is screwed on right!
I have it adjusted to my liking.

TB Button

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Almost allways found the problem was me. But I prefer the Soft touch mushroom button from Number 1 Stop Products. Soft touch makes it more consistent.Charly at Digital Delay may have them also.

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 408 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Wonder if anyone has tested buttons for z force. Not sure that would matter,but it is different motion.

Also is there a web site for ART button. tried google and no luck.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
Wonder if anyone has tested buttons for z force. Not sure that would matter,but it is different motion.

Also is there a web site for ART button. tried google and no luck.

https://www.appliedracing.com/
ART

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I thought it was probably time to change mine so got the Biondo double O and don't see a way to mount it without a lot of cutting and modifying.
The open part to get to the nut on the back side is on the top and can't be accessed when mounting on the right side.
Did anyone else run into this, it an 05 Undercover with the butterfly wheel.

Posts: 266 | Location: Irving, Texas | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mopar Traitor:
I thought it was probably time to change mine so got the Biondo double O and don't see a way to mount it without a lot of cutting and modifying.
The open part to get to the nut on the back side is on the top and can't be accessed when mounting on the right side.
Did anyone else run into this, it an 05 Undercover with the butterfly wheel.

Don I have mine on a butterfly wheel on the right. Just adjust the nut on the back to the depth you want and tighten the bezel on the front

Posts: 2431 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusty:
thanks for resposes guys,time for a change,im sure the problem is not me

Rusty, have you tried a new Solenoid? When I think there is an issue that is one of first things I do.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4017 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
i went with the button mike suggested,i have not changed the solenoid although its not very old(i know i know).i did however i find seveveral small issues that i think will correct everything but me,lol

1.036, 6.16@ 224

DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
The only two buttons posted that aren't a common Micro Switch are the Mushroom and the rare piece Mike posted.

Regan Wilson Super Street 469C

Posts: 297 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
I looked on ART's site. I typed "button" in the search bar. I found the one Mike posted for $69

Regan Wilson Super Street 469C

Posts: 297 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
yes mike thinks its quicker ,most people think all of the mushroom buttons are the same.that one is obviously constructe different.i dont need one quicker per say but if it has a better spring maybe it will also be more consistent.there is a certain amount of travel past the set point of the button,i think that is why i had changed out mine before to a microswitch.

1.036, 6.16@ 224