New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mega - 450
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Digital is closed today, no answer on phone.
I ran the 450 for several years on the car I crashed and this other car I bought had a 450 so I sold mine box. As I am getting this car ready I notice a hot wire going to the SFO on the 450, took a while for me and my friend to figure out why but the SFO terminal was bad and that was the only way the throttle would stay engaged.
I sent the box to digital, they repaired the SFO terminal and did a diagnostic test and sent it back.
Now the auto start works opposite of what it is supposed to do. I can switch it from On - Off to Off - On and it makes no difference.
When I hit the auto start button the linkage goes solid and when I release the trans brake the linkage goes relaxed and it does it in Off - On or On - Off.
Any ideas on what I may be missing. I think one way should have power and the other way none.

Posts: 235 | Location: Irving, Texas | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
Do you have the SFO mode set correctly? I believe for an enhancer it should be set to 1. Yours sounds like it is set to control a line lock.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 2329 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
When you say auto start, I'm assuming you mean the bump button for a starting line enhancer.

2 things to check. As Lenny said, make sure the SFO mode is set to 1 for starting line enhancer. Then go in the SLE menu and make sure your time is set correctly (.8 or 1 sec before launch, however you like it).

Here's a link to the instructions: https://www.racedigitaldelay.c...instr-mega350450.pdf

Posts: 93 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Reverse the air lines on the sle

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2016 Miller
2015 NHRA D4 Champ!
2009 IHRA T/D #7
2009 IHRA D4 T/D R-up
2007 IHRA D4 Top ET Champ

http://www.killerrons.com/
Rolla Competition Engines

Posts: 1226 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Sfo set to 1, PB1 and J.R. when I reverse the lines it just pushes air out the exhaust port on the SLE.

Posts: 235 | Location: Irving, Texas | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I also tried a different solenoid on the SLE.

DRR Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
Start simple and check the box first. The SFO port should normally be dead. When you hit the bump-down button, it should start putting out 12 volts. Then you should press and release the transbrake button. Shortly after releasing, the port should go dead again.

If that all works properly, then you have a solenoid or air plumbing issue.

I don't think the throttle stop normally on/off setting applies to the SLE operation. That should always be normally off.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 2329 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Just checked it and that is exactly what it does, no voltage until I hit the bump down then voltage, but I was told it should be right the opposite and was convinced box was bad. One air line goes in and the other to SLE and it just dumps air out the dump port when I reverse them so not sure what could be wrong with air lines. Think I have a 3rd solenoid so maybe I had better try that.

thanks.

DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
One air line goes in and the other to SLE and it just dumps air out the dump port when I reverse them so not sure what could be wrong with air lines

should be three lines don ,one air in to sol
one out to one end of cyl,
one to other end of cyl

opinions are worth what you pay for them
1.015,2.88,4.46@ 153

Posts: 446 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusty:
quote:
One air line goes in and the other to SLE and it just dumps air out the dump port when I reverse them so not sure what could be wrong with air lines

should be three lines don ,one air in to sol
one out to one end of cyl,
one to other end of cyl

I think he has a single "action" cylinder, only air into one end...

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2016 Miller
2015 NHRA D4 Champ!
2009 IHRA T/D #7
2009 IHRA D4 T/D R-up
2007 IHRA D4 Top ET Champ

http://www.killerrons.com/
Rolla Competition Engines

Posts: 1226 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
ooookay

1.015,2.88,4.46@ 153

Posts: 446 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post

DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
http://www.biondoracing.com/mm...01/SLP_2_274x203.jpg

don does that solenoid have an extra port not in use

1.015,2.88,4.46@ 153

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
No but I have one that does

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I keep thinking I am missing something simple, leaning toward the way they have the buttons coming into a junction block but it is working perfect except that it is opposite of what it should be,.

DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
pm don

1.015,2.88,4.46@ 153

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
If you are sure there is no voltage at the SFO terminal before you push the auto start button and that voltage is there after it is pushed, then your box is good. From there the next step is to verify your SLE solenoid is working. To do this turn your master cut-off switch off. With no power to the car turn on the air supply. The throttle should be solid. This would prove your SLE is ok. If all is good to this point turn power back on. Is the throttle still solid? If yes, push the auto start button. If the throttle does not go to the floor, then the solenoid valve is wired wrong. I think that is what you have going on. Check to see if the "other" wire on the solenoid valve is wired to power. Make sure that the SLE solenoid wire that is not coming from the SFO terminal is going to ground.
David

Posts: 130 | Location: Marion, TX | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Just test the SLE by pushing the red button on the air solenoid, it should release, if its not working properly you have the air fittings on the solenoid in the wrong holes (theres 3) one is labeled exhaust, I think that's the one that stays open. If it works fine there THEN go to wiring.

Posts: 175 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: March 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sr4440
posted Hide Post
If it applies air to the cylinder when he puts power to it and dumps when there is no power, then he has the air supply on the exhaust port of the solenoid. IMHO

Joe

Without data, you’re just another guy with an opinion.

Posts: 1138 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I failed to get his name but the guy at Digital fixed it in less than 10 min.

I knew it had to be something simple, Had to go to SFO mode 2 then to the throttle stop screen and change the off - on to on - off then back to SFO mode 1. Then it worked liked it should.
Also my style stop needs voltage all the time until I push the bump button which it does now.
I kept changing the off-on -- on-off but did not know I had to go to SFO mode 2 for it to work.
Happy now......