DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Detroit Locker or Yukon Grizzly Locker?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Detroit Locker or Yukon Grizzly Locker?
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Doing a chunk with a spool for the Third Gen, for the Drag Strip in November.

I'm thinking 4.56 with the TSI BCRCXLS 6600 observed stall converter we have.

This is a deal I noticed. These gotta be 40-50 lbs lighter than an iron chunk, same accessories.

The car is a little heavy for it, but I think it'll be alright on spin buggy DOT street tires.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
This video has some pop apparently, it's exploding with views.

It's only fair I publicly thank a member here.

When I went to get everything to put this together during lockdowns nobody had any cranks, rods or pistons.

So without Lance at Motorsports Unlimited, my buddy wouldn't be having the time of his life driving this on the street.

I was down to calling anyone for a crank, rods and pistons, which I never do (it was scary).

Motorsports Unlimited Terra Haute Indiana, came through Big time!

Thanks Lance!

Nice guy, knowledgeable, good price, on time!

I recommend them now, all the time.

The guy who owns this car is now having the time of his life, on the streets!!

I keep telling him if he's having fun now, wait until it gets cool out!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
High pressure air isolated through the nose onto the radiator cured the fuel pressure (cavitation) issues.

It would idle sitting still at 185 degree's for an hour, but go to 210 degree's plus cruising down the highway, and the fuel would boil at the
belt pump inlet/outlet on the front of the engine.

Fixed

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
20 K views on YouTube

This thing exceeded our expectations

People luv it, Engine, Transmission and ring and pinion built in house.

There's only one T left to cross. 9 second time slip, n/a, pump gas. It's coming stay tuned.

Crower!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
3200 lbs topped with fuel

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Without driver I'm assuming.

2BKING Smile

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2539 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
Without driver I'm assuming.

2BKING Smile

Yes Sir

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
4" Vibrant, polished stainless. My old friend Van with Nickels/Summit hooked me up with these parts.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Put a BLP bypass regulator on the third gen, it just got back from the turkey rod runs in Daytona Beach. It had vapor lock issues idling in the parade lines there.

I told him it needs a parade tune on it - bypass regulator.

We may plug the new 750-800hp 489 I'm working now in this car, *if* that engine cuts the mustard on the dyno.

This car works killer on the street from a 30 mph roll fab 9, BMR torque arm, trick shocks, I'd like to see that engine in this car.

He has buyers for this hydraulic roller cam 496 710 hp engine, in line waiting.

We'll see

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,